MET parking fine - Peabody

Hi Everyone,

I have recently received a parking ticket from MET parking.I pay monthly for a Peabody visitors permit as there are no residents permits available at the moment which means I have to change the date on the permit every morning.On this occasion I wrote the wrong date(Monday 29th instead of the Monday 30th) as I looked out of the window I saw the ticket warden writing a ticket so I shouted out to him but of course he completely ignored me!
Do I have any grounds to appeal?or should I not waste my time and just pay the fine?

Replies

• DCoddDCodd Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone,

I have recently received a parking ticket from MET parking.I pay monthly for a Peabody visitors permit as there are no residents permits available at the moment which means I have to change the date on the permit every morning.On this occasion I wrote the wrong date(Monday 29th instead of the Monday 30th) as I looked out of the window I saw the ticket warden writing a ticket so I shouted out to him but of course he completely ignored me!
    Do I have any grounds to appeal?or should I not waste my time and just pay the fine?
    Contact Peabody and ask them to get it cancelled.
    Always get a Qualified opinion - My qualifications are that I am OLD and GRUMPY:p:p
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't pay.

Read up in the newbies FAQ thread on how to appeal and what to do if it fails
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that The Peabody Trust was a charity for the poor and down-trodden, what is a charity up to consorting with knaves and vagabonds such as this.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I thought that The Peabody Trust was a charity for the poor and down-trodden, what is a charity up to consorting with knaves and vagabonds such as this.
    Probably on a £x per ticket paid commission.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Deep wrote: »

Scurrilous skulduggery indeed. :)
    Hi Everyone,

We assume you have now read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' which answers your questions and tells you how/when to appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS