Transferring a bond

Options
Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to transfer an investment bond? It's a Scottish widows one and was being held in trust for me. Just want to know if I need to rattle some cages or continue being patient.
Was debt free then ex walked out and COVID hit.

Comments

• HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to transfer an investment bond?

Presumably the trustees have asked Scottish Widows to assign the bond to you.

If the trustees have completed the assignment forms correctly, and provided all necessary identification and documentation, then you would expect to have it assigned to you within a few days.

However, the amount of paperwork is not insignificant, and it is common for forms to be returned to trustees for amendments, which then need to be countersigned by all trustees.
    Just want to know if I need to rattle some cages or continue being patient.

You won't be able to rattle cages with Scottish Widows, as you do not (yet) own the investment bond, so they will not be able to provide you with any information.

Have you asked the trustees what is happening? They may be able to rattle cages for you.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • supasick
    supasick Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Erm, sadly the trustees hate my guts and i have had to use solicitors to get this far. The trust was due to be handed over several months ago and we are still waiting to see a penny of it. Their solicitor does tend to sit on things for abit so will give it another couple of weeks then get my solicitor to write again.
    Was debt free then ex walked out and COVID hit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure