Trouble with Samsung 5 Bluetooth connection

Options
Omega_1
Omega_1 Posts: 233 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Have a Samsung 5 and a new Jaguar XF - on receipt I could connect Bluetooth to the car system.
After Samsung notified I have an update(s) available i pressed button to accept these. Since doing so I am unable to connect to car. Googled Jaguar website and the car is set up fo 44.44. etc whereby the Phone is 55.55 etc system.
Is there anyway I can remove the updates to original phone spec and without losing everything on phone ?
(of course am assuming it is the updates preventing the system from compatibilty - Jaguar dealer cannot offer any other explanation (led to believe the system is based on Nokia software - Apple phones connect OK
Any suggestions please ?

Comments

• Retrogamer
    Retrogamer Posts: 4,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are some ways of rolling back the software on the handset, but they are unconventional and would involve losing all of the data.

Can the software on the car's stereo not be updated?

I paid £110 for a new & aftermarket stereo and it works with iPhones, Windows phones via the cable and all versions of Android 4.0 and above work via Bluetooth. If something so cheap can do it i'd like to think Jaguar can sort it as well.
    All your base are belong to us.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Funny. Samsung did that with my top of the range smart tv. After allowing automatic updates I could no longer view things on some websites. Samsung were completely unhelpful and lied repeatedly about their engineers sorting it etc. Wasted a week with them and got no-where. Will never buy a Samsung product again.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Backup your phones data and factory reset and try again .
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    I would be very surprised if updated Bluetooth software on the phone were not backwardly compatible with earlier standards, what would be the point of that?

Presume you have deleted all connections, phone book downloads etc in the phone and car, made the phone bluetooth connection visible and all that?

Can the phone and car not see each other at all? or just won't connect at all or phonebook not synchronising?
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure