Royal Mail "item was posted" tracked+signed

Hi there, I live in Belgium and I recently bought a hoodie (a BAPE shark hoodie if anyone is wondering) off someone, he sent it international tracked + signed from a post office in Bournemouth.

It says "Item RNXXXXXXXXXGB was posted at 63 - 65 Charmins BH8 8UF on 25/04/16 and is being progressed through our network for delivery."

and it's been saying that since yesterday from the moment he deposited the item.

Looking at the service name 'International TRACKED & Signed' it should track it's progress right? I wouldn't be able to believe if the national mail service in the UK wouldn't have this sort of technology.

Someone help me please!

Comments

• Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It doesn't always update right away and it's possible they've not done anything with it yet if it was only posted yesterday (depends if it was after last collection). Even if it has gone somewhere it may not have been sorted and processed through the system there.

It should be updated at some point, but it's not instant and it's only tracked at certain points.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    As above. Also to add, assuming you are the buyer and paid by Paypal, you will be covered so there is no need to worry.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Lakesol wrote: »
    Hi there, I live in Belgium and I recently bought a hoodie (a BAPE shark hoodie if anyone is wondering) off someone, he sent it international tracked + signed from a post office in Bournemouth.

It says "Item RNXXXXXXXXXGB was posted at 63 - 65 Charmins BH8 8UF on 25/04/16 and is being progressed through our network for delivery."

and it's been saying that since yesterday from the moment he deposited the item.

Looking at the service name 'International TRACKED & Signed' it should track it's progress right? I wouldn't be able to believe if the national mail service in the UK wouldn't have this sort of technology.

Someone help me please!

yes they do. However it will really only get one more track at Heathrow,then its down to the receiving countries 'national mail service' to provide the tracking scans.
  • campdave
    campdave Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Lakesol wrote: »

Someone help me please!

There is no help to offer other than show a bit of patience.
  • There is no help to offer other than show a bit of patience.

I am patient, but I was quickly worried since every single delivery service except for bpost (Belgian national delivery service) has messed up in the past. Thank you all for the info though!
  • Not sure it's relevant but recently we were expecting something from Belgium and it took a very long time to get here; seller said they themselves had been waiting for ages for something to arrive from the UK. I think the terrorist attack might have caused delays with extra security checks and so on. Worth considering.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure