Change to phone with internet

Options
weezie7
weezie7 Posts: 126 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
I have an ancient mobile, am on a contract, which has just run out, with Vodafone, and am happy with them! I pay £8, inc discount, with 300 mins, unlimited texts. I am not a heavy user and would like to upgrade to an internet friendly compact phone, to check emails when out and about, but not all the time. I am happy to have a new contract and am looking for advice on a cheap, compact, but reliable, mobile. I know I will have to pay a bit more, but at the moment best I can see, with a new phone is £17 per month. Anyone know of any other offers from VF?

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2016 at 8:00PM
    Options
    There are cashback contracts with TalkMobile which would give a basic smartphone for less than you pay at present. You must be one of a handful of customers who are still happy with Vodafone; Talkmobile runs on their network but you have to know what you're doing to get the cashback. However, depending on the bundle you need the contracts would still be less than £17 even before cashback. There are also some cashback deals on Vodafone and EE which might meet your requirements.
  • weezie7
    Options
    Thanks, will have a look at both Talktalk and cashback sites.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,075 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 April 2016 at 12:39PM
    Options
    an internet friendly compact phone, to check emails when out and about,

Motorola Moto E would be a good choice.

Buy it around £39 and get a sim only contract £9.50 a month but there are cheaper deals out there

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/motorola-moto-e-4g-payg/sku88822?cid=ppc-mec-auto/cvovzven/cvov/q/hqtqzju/lcc
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2016 at 7:24PM
    Options
    weezie7 wrote: »
    Thanks, will have a look at both Talktalk and cashback sites.

Not those sort of cashback sites and not through the network direct. Through an internet dealer, currently Mobile Phones Direct or E2Save/Mobiles.co.uk - but make sure you research cashback contracts if you want to get the cashback. Also, the best deals are very hard to find on the first dealer's website.
  • weezie7
    Options
    Thanks for replies, need to do a bit more work on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure