HELP! Where should I put my savings?

Options
I need help, right now I have around £8,000 in an ISA with Halifax, so its really not earning any interest. My bank account is with Lloyds Bank, but I'm not working right now so there isn't a lot in there. I will soon be starting a 0 hour work contract, so I am unsure how much money will be going into my bank account each month. At the moment, I have no need to take any money from my ISA so an easy access account doesn't bother me.

I hope to set up a regular payment into my savings when I can, or I will just put money in manually. Where is the best place for me to save my money, to get the most interest or benefits? I don't mind changing both my bank and savings account if its best for me, but I really don't know what to do.

Any advice welcome.
Thank you!

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Check out current accounts and regular savers http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5374614
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you had £5000 in a Lloyds Club account, you could withdraw £1500 each month (perhaps to a Nationwide FlexDirect with £2500 in it), and then pay that £1500 back into the Club account, thus meeting the condition to have the account fee waived, and earn the full 4%AER (and also the 5%AER at Nationwide). Check the T&Cs of the accounts yourself, there are other conditions.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family