ESA Support Group reassessment rates

Options
Just a few simple questions

I am on ESA Support Group and posted my ESA50 to Maximus last week.

How long will it take to get a WCA appointment?

How long after the WCA will I be told about the outcome?

Does anyone know the success-failure rate for Support Group reassessment applicants?

Many, many thanks

C

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You won't necessarily get an appointment. First stage of the process is for the information provided to be considered. If your condition is unchanged or has worsened they may speak to your doctor / consultant and make a decision to renew on that basis.
    If you are to be seen, the timescales vary greatly from area to area.
  • lilyandlogan
    Options
    My partner was sent the ESA50 out with the deadline of April 12th we returned it end of feb. They requested a report from GP on 1st March this still hasn't been completed let alone returned and he received a letter dated 26th March for an Appointment on 19th April (we r in Glasgow).

I don't know what the success rates are as this is his first review as he got awarded support group without a f2f when we applied.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was reviewed in july 2013.
    i completed the ESA50 and was awarded another 3 years without a WCA
  • Stanai
    Stanai Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I was moved from Income Support to ESA in July 2012. Firstly I'd just like to say how good it was back in the day on Income Support. I was classified as meeting the threshold of incapacity for work automatically and never had to undergo any more work capability assessments. That was until the government changed the system. I was put into the ESA work group to start with and attended a couple of appointments at the job centre and positively discussed the possibility of finding work. I then discussed with the job centre advisor about appealing to be put in the support group. So he suspended all further appointments until the outcome of my appeal. I wrote the appeal myself and just explained that my condition is made up of positive and negative symptoms and if we were to dwell on the negatives then I don't think I should be pressured into finding work especially given the fact of how my old income support claim deemed me unfit for work without question. I wasn't given a reply to tell me I had won my appeal. I just received an £800 backdated payment for the £20 increase you get from being in the support group, since my claim began in July 2012. I then received £20 a week more and didn't have any further contact with the job centre. 3 years have elapsed and I should have had a review a while ago. I received a work capability assessment in February 2016. I filled this out and sent it back. It has been 6 weeks and I am expecting something in the post any day. It is now done by Capita and not Atos anymore. I think they might have sent a form to my GP to fill out as well. I'm hoping I'll just continue in the support group, but I'm ready for them to overlook things and put me in the work group again. I will just appeal it again and ask for a mandatory reconsideration if they do. If that fails you can then take it to tribunal.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stanai wrote: »
    I was moved from Income Support to ESA in July 2012. Firstly I'd just like to say how good it was back in the day on Income Support. I was classified as meeting the threshold of incapacity for work automatically and never had to undergo any more work capability assessments. That was until the government changed the system. I was put into the ESA work group to start with and attended a couple of appointments at the job centre and positively discussed the possibility of finding work. I then discussed with the job centre advisor about appealing to be put in the support group. So he suspended all further appointments until the outcome of my appeal. I wrote the appeal myself and just explained that my condition is made up of positive and negative symptoms and if we were to dwell on the negatives then I don't think I should be pressured into finding work especially given the fact of how my old income support claim deemed me unfit for work without question. I wasn't given a reply to tell me I had won my appeal. I just received an £800 backdated payment for the £20 increase you get from being in the support group, since my claim began in July 2012. I then received £20 a week more and didn't have any further contact with the job centre. 3 years have elapsed and I should have had a review a while ago. I received a work capability assessment in February 2016. I filled this out and sent it back. It has been 6 weeks and I am expecting something in the post any day. It is now done by Capita and not Atos anymore. I think they might have sent a form to my GP to fill out as well. I'm hoping I'll just continue in the support group, but I'm ready for them to overlook things and put me in the work group again. I will just appeal it again and ask for a mandatory reconsideration if they do. If that fails you can then take it to tribunal.
    you think that it is a good idea for people to go on the sick and just ledt to rot with no questions asked?

the number of people that were happy to do just that is one of the reasons that they changed to ESA !
    many people, with support, are able to return to work in some capacity.

no one on ESA is expected to look for work, but merely to try to keep skills up to date in case they are able to work in the future.

the form you completed is an ESA50.
    the work capability assessment is the face to face 'medical' with a healthcare professional
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Stanai wrote: »

Just because it suited you to be on income Support indefinitely without any review doesn't mean it was the correct way for the system to work. ESA has many short comings but ensuring that people are reviewed regularly and supported in looking towards work at some point in the future is a good thing for everyone.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • caravaggio
    caravaggio Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts