Forum Home» Referrers

20 Cogs - get paid when you complete 20 offers - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Referrers Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, we need your help more than ever so that we can focus our energy on helping the millions of people affected by coronavirus. For now, we plan to leave the Referrers Board open, but we ask that you only post on here within the Referral Board rules especially of once only per referral and on the correct threads. As always please keep it friendly and within the forum rules.

Thank you for your help and understanding at this really difficult time.

20 Cogs - get paid when you complete 20 offers

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Referrers
31 replies 117.1K views

Replies

• PrudentPeterPrudentPeter Forumite
    29 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    @Browntoa I have to question Chalex's motives for posting this. If you click on their profile he has only posted twice and each time it is exactly the same post first about first about 20cogs and then about OhMyDosh. Both are sites i have received pay outs from in the past.  Also the article that is referenced is from many years ago, there is nothing that has been published recently by any news outlet or the ASA. If the company were still acting in this way there would definitely be more reports... As you can see from the offers i have completed previously below the majority are known brands, with good reputations

For everyone els - Below is a summary of my recent experience with 20 Cogs, covering offers selected, tips and earnings. I rushed this in 2 days so signed up for things I wouldn't have normally bought, but all the options I selected resulted in profit. If you are more patient than I am, you can probably maximise earnings further.

20Cogs is a really simple way of earning some easy money from the comfort of your home, or on your mobile on the move. When you sign up you will be presented with 20 Cogs (levels) which are filled with competitions, offers, games and surveys from the UK’s top brands such as a free trial with Amazon or a subscription box.

Every Cog has lots of offers to choose from. All you need to do is complete one or more offers on each Cog (the more you complete, the more you'll earn!). Once all 20 Cogs have turned GREEN, you can cash out your reward money!

COGActivity SpendEarnProfit
    1. Intro Survey055
    2. Paid Survey01.51.5
    3. Product Testing01.51.5
    4. Graze1.9942.01
    5. LottoGo253
    6. Simply Cook0*66
    7. Nielson055
    8. Hayu022
    9. Refer a friend055
    10. Ancestry022
    11. Yolt055
    12. Ladbrokes51510
    13. Readly132
    14. Fair Energy02020
    15. Acorn011
    16. Great Magazine143
    17. Skinny Beach Club10133
    18. Next up011
    19. Lotto Social1109
    20. Tails **2.7974.81
    Ref a friend bonus***02020
    Initial sign on bonus055
    Total£24.78£141.60£116.82

Make sure you add a reminder on your phone to cancel all free trials and subscriptions before payment is taken.

This will be a great form of passive income going forward as you get paid a bonus equivalent to 5% of all the earnings the people you have referred earn going forward and £20 when they complete their 20th Cog.

*I found a discount code using honey that reduced shipping to £0

**inputted my "dog" as one of the smallest breeds, weights and stated my dog needed to lose weight which provides you with the smallest cost and maximum profit

*** you get a £20 bonus when a friend you refer completes cog 20, I referred my partner and completed exactly the same offers as above.

If anyone has any questions about how I completed the offers above let me know.

Referral link - https://20cogs.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/2590558?keyword=referred

• edited 14 June at 5:18PM
    BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 June at 5:18PM
    I've been here for ages , there's truth in what I quoted , I remember paidoffers 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/aug/22/when-a-cashback-promise-seems-too-good-to-be-true
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PrudentPeterPrudentPeter Forumite
    29 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    From my experience dealing with 20cogs, the company seem to have learnt their lesson from what happened nearly 6 years ago. They do not claim that you can earn anywhere near the figures they used to state and it is now a good way to earn a bit of cash. If they were doing anything that breached advertising standards i'm sure the ASA would have pursed this, especially after their previous investigations 
  • edited 14 June at 7:48PM
    bristolleedsfanbristolleedsfan Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 June at 7:48PM
    PrudentPeter Submission Technology once apon a time operated Greasy Palm and Wepromisetopay100%, the latter they subsequently reduced cashback rates to 50% rate, either or both of those siites I think it was Wepromiseto they increased minimum cashin level from about £10 to £25 without notice preventing people cashin and come the end I am pretty sure people did not get paid, 20 cogs they will be hoping people start and give up thus dont get to reach cashin-level,  and as the saying goes "nothing lasts forever"
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are still at it , another submission technology owned website with very poor feedback

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gomysteryshopping.co.uk
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • edited 15 June at 11:09AM
    PrudentPeterPrudentPeter Forumite
    29 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 15 June at 11:09AM
    I'm not doubting that they may hope that people give up and don't reach the 20th Cog, but it's well within the members control to actually get to that point and cash out. From my personal experience it's not difficult at all.  I would argue that 20cogs has a very strong trust advisor score, with thousands more reviews than gomysteryshopping which only has 4 - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/20cogs.co.uk. I've just googled mystery shopping Trustpilot scores and it generally seems that the vast majority of mystery shopping sites are rated the same, suggesting it is more to do with the type of activity and not the company. I would personally never bother with mystery shopping for this exact reason. The demand for each 'job' tends to be quite high, which leaves a majority of people that signed up disappointed that they did not get selected for anything, thus calling it a scam. 
  • amoneythinghappenedamoneythinghappened Forumite
    5 posts
    First Post Photogenic
    I've just completed my 20 cogs. Waiting to 'cash out' which apparently can take a month.
    Some offers you have to invest a bit up front - like paying a quid for something and getting 2 quid cashback from 20 cogs. Most I've paid is £10 for a betting site which gave me £20 back from 20 cogs.
    I've probably spent around 2 hours in total signing up to stuff - lots of free trials - and then making sure to cancel before you get charged!
    I've got about £70 to claim. So as an hourly rate its around £30-35. Not bad. 
    But you do have to be organised. And lots of the offers are for first timers only...so I couldn't do things like Disney+ or some of the Amazon channels as I'd already used a free trial.
    Overall I'd say it's quite a bit of effort and you need to be organised. But less time-consuming vs pennies you get for online surveys.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • carpycarpy Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    If anyone is interested in signing up please use my referral, many thanks
    https://20cogs.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/2051824?keyword=referred&subid1=20CUK-1360-2051824-49214665&campaign=633
    I've reached £180 already and still more offers to do!
    kind regards
  • JoraffeJoraffe Forumite
    52 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hello,
    I signed up with 20 Cogs in March and cashed out roughly £150 about a month later with no problems at all. I also managed to do it without taking part in any of the gambling offers. My recommendations would be keep a note of any trial end dates so that you don't get charged and use a separate email address for the whole thing (I didn't get spammed but you never know). It cost me a total of £28 to complete the offers and I sold some of the stuff like the magazines on ebay, so it actually cost me about £10 taking into account postage and seller fees. Overall effort was 3-4 hours, so definitley worth my time!
    Here is my link for anyone that would like to join: https://20cogs.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/2224456?keyword=referred

• edited 23 August at 3:40PM
    tryintryin Forumite
    305 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited 23 August at 3:40PM
    Hi everyone, here is my link https://20cogs.co.uk/validate/refer_a_friend/welcome/2562675?keyword=referred

a quick tip - on the amazon membership trials you can cancel immediately, and your memberships remain till the end of the trial period. Then there's no risk of forgetting! And if you have already used your amazon prime trial, you can simply open another amazon account, with another email, and take the trials again! Just make sure the 20 cogs account uses the same email as the amazon account.