IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Athena ANPR - Driver living abroad

Afternoon All,

A while since I've been here and for once I'm asking for advice.

It would appear that my car has been 'caught' by Athena ANPR whilst my parents, who live in France, were here visiting me.

Now I know how to proceed if I want to use normal channels ( indeed I've had other tickets cancelled for other people at this very site ) but I'm tempted to actually name the driver for a change and give the French address.

Any comments or views as to what will happen if I do this or should I go the normal route ?
"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    give them the full name and address of the driver, if they were indeed driving , do NOT tell lies

if they come back asking for proof or insurance tell them to sod off

if they will not accept it , tell them to sod off
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Do as you suggest. Provide the name and (overseas) address of the driver, and make sure you say that it discharges any obligation you may have as keeper under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, and you expect to hear no more from them.

They may, or may not, bother to contact the driver in France. Either way, your parents can ignore anything sent to them.

They may also claim that naming an overseas driver "doesn't count". They would be wrong.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do as you suggest. Provide the name and (overseas) address of the driver, and make sure you say that it discharges any obligation you may have as keeper under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, and you expect to hear no more from them.

They may, or may not, bother to contact the driver in France. Either way, your parents can ignore anything sent to them.

They may also claim that naming an overseas driver "doesn't count". They would be wrong.

This ^^^^

Although expect a load of bluster and threats from them afterwards. I remind these bunch of chancers on a regular basis that tickets issued in Scotland can not be made the liability of the Keeper. Then they make a reduced offer, I remind them again, the offer is reduced again, and I give up wasting postage on them.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport