🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dla payment due 29th will it be paid early

Options
Due to Easter bank holiday thanks xx

Comments

• B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Due to Easter bank holiday thanks xx

I doubt it. 29th is not a bank holiday. I would expect any payments due on 25th or 28th to go out on the 24th.
  • SandraScarlett
    SandraScarlett Posts: 4,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tuesday's payments won't be affected, but Good Friday and Easter Monday payments will be paid this Thursday.

xx
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,954 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is possible that a credit due into a bank account on Tuesday 29 March will show up as credited earlier than the 29th. It depends on which bank a person is with.

For example, anyone who banks with the NatWest and who has a credit due to hit an account on 29/03 may find that the credit is showing as available on Friday 25 March. This is down to the way NatWest process bank credits and debits. I believe Barclays process payments in a similar fashion. On the other hand some banks, for example the HSBC, do not and a credit due on 29/03 shouldn't appear in these accounts until the early hours of 29/03.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My bank RBS always credits payments due like this on the friday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business