Debenhams Store Card PPI

Options
I took out a Debenhams store card pre 2005 but do not have any paperwork, copies of bills etc as I have not used the account for a few years and when I moved house last year I got rid of a lot of out of date paperwork. I am now thinking that I should try and reclaim the PPI I paid. Can I do this without any of the paperwork/evidence? Should I start with NewDay rather than GE Money who sold it to me? I can't remember all the details, but I do remember being advised to take it out as I was employed at the time, and it would cover me if I was made redundant, went off on sick leave etc. Is this enough reason to claim?
Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2016 at 3:14PM
    Options
    Yes, worth pursuing.

The Santander > FOS > Genworth route is currently proving successful for claimants who had store cards with the Arcadia Group years ago.

This might interest you:

www.mirror.co.uk/money/you-used-store-card-1990s-7114139

Obviously, it's quicker if you can find an old CCA (agreement) or bank statement; but, you don't need them. Santander PPI team are helpful and will often tell you account details of an old store card. You can send a SAR; but, they often won't have retained details from years ago. Genworth are the underwriter who you may ultimately be directed to by New Day or the FOS (Ombudsman).
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • j-lo40
    j-lo40 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, that was very helpful. I have requested details of my account and will take it from there.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    j-lo40 wrote: »
    I have requested details of my account
    The problem is that the Bank is unlikely to have kept records from more than ten years ago. So, your lack of documentation from your own archive is going to be the largest obstacle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure