Temporary Business Use - which class?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
1 reply 437 views
glider3560glider3560 Forumite
4.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
I am working out the costing of a business trip next month. I'm teaching a class at a university (about 250 miles from home) with two of my colleagues. The train takes too long as there is no direct route, so I'm looking into the costs of driving there.

Firstly, what class of business use would I need? I'm thinking Class 3 would be correct? My employer will pay me a fixed amount per mile and no other car related expenses. My passengers will not be paying me anything, as my employer will cover the costs.

Secondly, are there any temporary insurance services that will include Class 3? My current insurer (Tesco Underwriting) doesn't seem to offer anything more than Class 1.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides