Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

PCN - not parked on the raod

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
7 replies 601 views
sm1862sm1862 Forumite
8 Posts
Hi
My son has received a ticket from Lincolnshire County Council. He was parked on grass at the end of a dead end road, the road has double yellow lines, he was not on the road what so ever. He did not take photographs.

Unfortunately i am unable to post a link.. the road concerned is Ruston Way, Lincoln, the grass area is clearly show at the end of the road in Google Maps.

My question is, is this a valid ticket.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try also posting this council ticket on pepipoo.com.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double yellow lines on the road also extend to the verge and all the boundary of the highway land, for example

Road, double yellows¦¦ Verge edge of highway land/private land

so if you park on the verge and that verge is highway land then the DYLs are valid on both sides.
    I would suggest taking this to pepipoo photos of the area and signage as well as letters recieved etc would be helpful
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Post here with pics of both sides (yes the back as well) of the PCN:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

You ARE in contravention of double yellows if you park on a verge 'behind' them. Think about it...otherwise everyone could avoid double yellows by popping the car on a verge or pavement. So, yes it's a contravention by the sound of it but often PCNs have appeal points you will never have considered.

Pepipoo will tell you as long as you do not post there without pictures of the PCN (and ideally a streetview link to the place).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the end of the road leads onto derelict site and the dyl's cross the road its a complex one. How far into the site was he? Just in the entrance then he's possibly stuffed, 20 ft into the site then ????
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • He says he was well away from the road, but unfortunately no pictures to back this up.. so is it worth appealing.
  • ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    As pointed out already, double yellows extend back to the curtilage of any property at the side of the pavement/verge, whatever. They don't just apply to the road.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    sm1862 wrote: »
    He says he was well away from the road, but unfortunately no pictures to back this up.. so is it worth appealing.
    Council PCNs are almost ALWAYS worth appealing. Ask pepipoo by showing them the PCN, both sides.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.