Credit Card Paid in Full, can I apply for...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
6 replies 911 views
DamoWalesDamoWales Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
November 2015 I paid off in full 2 credit cards, at stupid interest rates, the balance is £0.00, (phew, took a while and sacrifice)
Can I apply for a 18, 24month etc Balance transfer 0% Card. ? the thought of not paying interest for x amount of months at 0% on a new card is attractive... or do I just destroy them and apply for 2 or 1 new card. ?
I registered with NODDLE a free credit score site and my Credit is Great offering me the world (it seems LOL)
Also can I claim on Old cards...
I tried many searches here but could not find relevant tags etc.
With Thanks
Damo :D

Replies

• john1002john1002 Forumite
    979 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Check the eligibility checker on this site, Barclays and MBNA and depending on the results apply. As you know your score means nothing but your credit history will show you have had credit and paid it off, you don't say how long you have had your cards or if you were paying the minimum payments or over payments all theses will impact your history and will decide which companies want your business along with all the other questions they ask.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

John
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DamoWales wrote: »
    November 2015 I paid off in full 2 credit cards, at stupid interest rates, the balance is £0.00, (phew, took a while and sacrifice)
    Can I apply for a 18, 24month etc Balance transfer 0% Card. ?
    Yes you can, but why do you need it if you don't have any balance to transfer?
    the thought of not paying interest for x amount of months at 0% on a new card is attractive...
    If you want to buy something, you need a card with 0% on purchases, not BTs.
    or do I just destroy them and apply for 2 or 1 new card. ?
    Destroying cards can't make any difference except some moral satisfaction. Closing a CC account can make some difference if your available credit is too big compared to your income.
    Claim what?!
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • CLAPTONCLAPTON Forumite
    41.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I apply for a 18, 24month etc Balance transfer 0% Card. ? the thought of not paying interest for x amount of months at 0% on a new card is attractive... or do I just destroy them and apply for 2 or 1 new card. ?
    I registered with NODDLE a free credit score site and my Credit is Great offering me the world (it seems LOL)
    I tried many searches here but could not find relevant tags etc.
    With Thanks
    Damo :D

seems quite mad to repeat the errors of the past and get in debt again.
  • Hello All Thanks for replies.
    @CLAPTON If I transfered to a lesser % rate card and spend on it at 0% then the way I see it is No debt.
    @john1002 Noddle was handy to know credit score and options... card for 6+ years varied payments inc minimum then in 2015 paid off within 8 months.
    @grumbler "you need a card with 0% on purchases, not BTs." OK cool
    "Claim what?" claim ppi or insurances on card not used or offered/given when I needed it.
  • edited 1 February 2016 at 9:08AM
    zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 February 2016 at 9:08AM
    "Claim what?" claim ppi or insurances on card not used or offered/given when I needed it.

What Insurances did you not use or were not offered? That sounds possibly the most vague complaint ever.
  • swindiffswindiff Forumite
    684 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Newshound!
    ✭✭
    Hello All Thanks for replies.
    @CLAPTON If I transfered to a lesser % rate card and spend on it at 0% then the way I see it is No debt.
    You see it wrong, you still have debt, its just that you are not paying any interest on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals