Paying off a second credit card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
2 replies 467 views
Moneysaver_87Moneysaver_87 Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi,

I recently took out a CC with a money transfer but the limit was lower than I needed. I used it to pay off my overdraft and the rest I used towards my credit card. I now have this one which is 0% Apr but my other credit card still has £2000 on it which I'm paying interest on. Would it be possible to get another credit card to pay off that and stop paying interest? If so, how long should I wait before applying? Does anyone have any experience with having more than 2 credit cards?

Any help is much appreciated.

Replies

• CLAPTONCLAPTON Forumite
    41.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I recently took out a CC with a money transfer but the limit was lower than I needed. I used it to pay off my overdraft and the rest I used towards my credit card. I now have this one which is 0% Apr but my other credit card still has £2000 on it which I'm paying interest on. Would it be possible to get another credit card to pay off that and stop paying interest? If so, how long should I wait before applying? Does anyone have any experience with having more than 2 credit cards?

Any help is much appreciated.

no reason why you can't apply for another card although you give no details of your financial situation

lots of us have half a dozen or more CC without nay issues
  • Not on a high wage if that's what you mean (under £25k) just trying to clear my debt without paying too much interest.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals