Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Given a penalty charge whilst I was inside the car.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 818 views
Legacy_userLegacy_user Forumite
0 Posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hey all,

I am starting this post to ask a question that I can not seem to find an answer to.

I have heard a few times before that a parking charge can not be taken further if the enforcement officer takes photos that show the faces of the occupants in the car. Apparently this can not be taken to DVLA or POPLA due to a possible breach of the data protection act.

I was sitting in my car, parked in a residential street parking bay and nodded off. The next thing I heard was a bang on my windscreen as the parking enforcement officer dropped my wiper on top of the ticket he had placed. He then took a couple of steps back and took a photo whilst I looked at him in shock.
I asked him why he had issued me the charge and he apologised and told me that he never saw me and that I should appeal because it cannot be cancelled.

I have seen the photos and my face can be seen in the last one and my clothing can clearly be seen in the others but not my face.

I would like to appeal this charge but I am not aware of the right terminology or reference to state.

I cannot find anything online in relation to this and I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this?
Can you direct me to a case/thread that is similar or have you had a charge cancelled for the same reason?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc