Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Sky.....really starting to annoy me

This may get very long winded (I will try and keep it short) but I want some advice.

So....I have been with sky for many years for both tv and broadband. The service has been food but whenever I have had an offer that is when the problems start (and seems to be a continuous problem).

My recent issue started when I got a letter through saying my bill would go up £4 a month for the sky talk package unless I cancelled it. So I called up and started talking about switching providers and they then put me through to retentions of whom made me a great offer. I was offered £8 off fibre and £10 a month line rental which would make the bill £19.99 a month, do I accepted it. Last month my bill was £18.80...then I received a text this morning saying my next bill would be £29.40.

I called up sky and asked what the hell is going on as it seems everytime I speak to them I am told something different. I was then told after next month my bill would be £33.40 a month. I mentioned the offers that I accepted and she said whilst they were on my account, as they hadnt honoured one of them they could do nothing about it.

To cut a long story short, I received a call back after they had spoke to a manager and was basically told it was tough and they couldnt honour the original offer as it didnt exist. I was offered £50 as a supposed 'goodwill gesture' of which I promptly refused. I then asked about cancelling and was told I would be liable for early termination charges of which my reply was 'I dont think so. You have screwed up and that is not my problem'. The fees will be waived according to the woman as she says she has put a note on my account.

What (if anything) can I do next? And if I leave them which is looking likely now, who do I go with?

Thank you in advance
[STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 1 CCJs clear [STRIKE]November 2012[/STRIKE] / April 2014 :A

DMP with StepChange as of 22/10/2013 owing £10984
Debt free by 2020 hopefully :j

Replies

• jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Email to CEO and politely explain what has happened. It should then get put in the hands of their executive team who will be able to sort out the problem.
  • sergeant_cookiesergeant_cookie Forumite
    91 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What is the email address for them?

Thanks

• jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    A quick google search would have revealed the information, including the actual website called CEO email which it won't let me link to here.

However this will help.

http://www.mukaumedia.co.uk/sky-customer-service-0844-ripoff/
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Here is a free phone number if you want it.

Sky Freephone 0800 028 7855

make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    91 Posts
    Forumite
    I spoke to them on the phone yesterday. I use an 020 number. I also spoke on chat today and apparently it is being passed on to another team and they will be in touch within 72 hours. I won't hold my breath and if it doesn't get resolved this time I will go elsewhere as I have had enough.

• edited 20 December 2015 at 5:46PM
    McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 20 December 2015 at 5:46PM
    I got the same letter in late October, I don't spend a lot on telephone calls in the daytime but used it a lot nights and weekends with the free phone call times so cancelled the £4 a month plan because I have 500 free minutes on. The letter said it was all to start 1st December, so merrily made phonecalls late Oct. November and some of ~December;
    Then I saw £14 worth of calls going out earlier this month to Sky. The stupid man cancelled my free plan straight away mid October. It only took them minutes to refund me the Call charges. and knock £15 pounds a month off my package for 10 months so £150 better off. I have to admit though, Ive been with Sky for years and years and this is the first time I have had any problems with them.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    91 Posts
    Forumite
    I have nothing but problems with the billing side of thinfs. I have been with them years also but the problems are becoming more and more common.

• teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone wishing to know how charges are calculated can look at their current bill and prospective statements (not actually bills as there may be additions for non-inclusive calls or film rental) on their online My Sky account.

I only had one problem, which they soon sorted to my advantage. ( I was offered line rental at £9.99, but the offer had gone off the system so was given half price,instead).
    91 Posts
    Forumite
    The fact is they offered me a deal and now gone back on their word and claimed they can no longer offer it

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum