New Lanark

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
5 replies 787 views
poohzeepoohzee Forumite
439 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Hi Has anyone been to New Lanark Village?? I was thinking of taking hubby and our little girl down there next Sunday as it is a Victorian Day - craft fair type thing. We would be travelling from Dundee so want to know if it is worth while or not? Also cant seem to see the price per person for entry on their website. What about food should we take a picnic or is the food nice there? Thanks in advance:j

Replies

• Adult £5.95; Concession (Senior Citizens/Children/Students) £4.95; Family Ticket (2adults + 2children) £17.95; Family (2+4) £21.95

Was there 4-5 years ago & really enjoyed it. Food in the cafe was nice. There's a Hotel there if you want to splash out a bit more
  • eilidhsmumeilidhsmum Forumite
    18 Posts
    10 Posts
    We were there this time last year and had a great time. You can easily spend a whole day there wandering around. They've spent a lot of money in the last few years on it, and there is now a ride and a cinema-like show. All my three children (7,4,2) enjoyed it. Its an impressive setting also.
    There is a reasonable cafe there with the usual selection of sandwiches, paninis, baked potatoes etc. Picnics are always cheaper obviously. ;)
    There is also a very reasonably priced Edinburgh Woollen Mill shop behind the cafe where I seem to remember I picked up a few bargains the last time.
    Hope you have a great day! :j
  • loadsacashloadsacash Forumite
    589 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    We went there about a month ago. You really must walk along the river to the waterfall it is wonderfull.

There is a hill, but there are lots of seats along the way for a rest.

Afterwards you can treat yourself to a cake in the cafe.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • maggiesoupmaggiesoup Forumite
    676 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Yes, would agree with the others its a great day out. If you've ever been to Beamish in North England it's like that. As regards food, its the usual cafe type stuff, nothing great. If its a nice day they have gardens you can sit and have a wee picnic in, but better and cheaper.
  • poohzeepoohzee Forumite
    439 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone - we have been to Beamish and loved it - had a fantastic day out - just didnt want to go to New Lanark and be disappointed - so we will head off on Sunday weather permitting!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals