transfering property after death

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
2 replies 815 views
austintenaustinten Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
I would like assistance dealing with my late fathers estate.
He left a will, which states his half of the property he owned with my surviving mother as tenants in common, needs to be transferred to my brother & me (we are both executors of the will & have completed probate). The Land registry blog gives some help, but not all. I have purchased the title number & a plan document from LR. can anyone help me please?

Replies

• Yorkshireman99Yorkshireman99 Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    austinten wrote: »
    I would like assistance dealing with my late fathers estate.
    He left a will, which states his half of the property he owned with my surviving mother as tenants in common, needs to be transferred to my brother & me (we are both executors of the will & have completed probate). The Land registry blog gives some help, but not all. I have purchased the title number & a plan document from LR. can anyone help me please?
    The LR representative will be along shortly but basically you need to download the forms from the LR, complete them and send the application off with an original copy of the probate grant and death certificate plus the fee.
  • Land_RegistryLand_Registry Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    4.4K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    austinten - if the property is in their joint names then any transfer of the ownership would have to be completed by your Mother as the surviving joint owner.

The application would need to include an official copy of the death certificate or indeed probate.

I would recommend that all three of you seek legal advice and/or assistance as you may wish to consider what happens in the future as far as your 'shares' in the ownership and how that is reflected, if at all on the register.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals