vodafone won't close my account

Options
I don't know what to do. I tried to upgrade my vodafone. After weeks of inaction and promises to sort it out I still had no upgrade. I therefore decided to change providers. I got pac code changed providers eventually as vodafone didn't do transfer properly and didn't close my acount properly.. Vodafone have overcharged me. They continue to send bills and now threatening and harassing me to pay what the admit I don't owe. So many call etc made to them and they continually promise they have sorted it but still being harassed numerous times on a daily basis.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Your post is very vague.
    Are you saying that the number had been ported to another network eventually, but Voda kept charging you after this?

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-us/code-of-practice/
    Complain in writing to Voda, then to the ombudsman if they keep giving you runaround for 8 weeks.
  • clairecol_2
    Options
    That's right. Number eventually ported. They took too much money for my final payment despite saying they had changed my direct debit request. Since then they keep billing me and are now threatening to ruin my a1 credit rating as I cancelled directangular debit. Been going on since August.
  • clairecol_2
    Options
    Have already complained to vodafone numerous times including formerly in writing. I can't afford to have my credit ruined through their mistake. No replies as yet the never call or respond when the say they will.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    clairecol wrote: »
    They took too much money for my final payment despite saying they had changed my direct debit request.
    Can you not resort to the DD guaranty then?
    Since then they keep billing me
    For the new months and the number that had been ported? And after the *final* bill?
    and are now threatening to ruin my a1 credit rating as I cancelled directangular debit. Been going on since August.
    Directangular? LOL
    Have already complained to vodafone numerous times including formerly in writing. I can't afford to have my credit ruined through their mistake.
    I guess they have ruined it already. Usually they don't hesitate.
    No replies as yet the never call or respond when the say they will.
    The ombudsman it is then.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi clairecol,

Apologies for the delay with replying to your post.

If you still need help with your account, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    clairecol wrote: »
    Have already complained to vodafone numerous times including formerly in writing. I can't afford to have my credit ruined through their mistake. No replies as yet the never call or respond when the say they will.

If Vodafone is at fault for ruining your credit history they will correct it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure