In the nick of time

edited 5 April at 10:03AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1.3K replies 148.8K views

Replies

• MoneyfordreamsMoneyfordreams Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Things have been so busy these last few weeks I've not had time to catch up on diaries.

Merry Christmas to all

I've been on night shifts so OH has done all of the food shopping. Benefits of that is shopping from a list and his 10% staff discount. I'm off to work tonight. I've a day off from mother duty as my sister visiting from the south. Mother still wants to come for Christmas dinner although the logistics may be difficult.... she's very frail, breathless on moving more than a few feet and has no short term memory... I live 25 metres away from the road and have stairs to reach my front door. I will be asleep until midday hopefully after night shift tonight whilst my lovely husband cooks for 12 :EEK:

Also our friend has a broken ankle, so how she is going to manage is again an issue I hope she has thought about.

role on 5 pm tomorrow when I can relax as mother will be returned home :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950
    Re mortgage August 19 £110470, HSBC £1500cc, Hfx £0, NW £1750 M&S £850, MBNA £9050
    … Mortgage £104900
    plus car £6000 :eek: , it's coming down :D
  • kirtsypooskirtsypoos Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas MFD, hope you've managed to sort the logistics :)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • edited 30 December 2016 at 5:55PM
    MoneyfordreamsMoneyfordreams Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 30 December 2016 at 5:55PM
    Thank you Kirsty. It worked out ok... mother forgot what I came for, half an hour after speaking to me on the telephone. DD1 and her BF brought her home after a 4 hr visit... good result so I hit the cava :D

Hope you had a lovely day too.

I feel quite ridiculous but I can't decide if I'm in mourning for my childhood dream.. ( George Michael) have PMT or worrying about mother and DD2. HAHA I'm hoping it will pass as I need to cheer up and not tear up!!

My mum was convinced my dad had left her and took his clothes. He wasn't like that at all. They were a proper old school couple. He died 11 years ago next month. It was all so fresh for her to relive. She askes who does she keep seeing walking around the house? Anyhow , her rapid decline this year has me convinced her frailty is terminal, then I feel huge guilt for writing her off. She can still make herself a cuppa and porridge, and get a wash,

We have now got quite established with rota to ensure medicines and meals are checked upon. hence not spending much time on here. My sister from the south is arriving 3rd -8th Jan so I can work without too much worry. My lot have been fab at going when I'm working. My sister who I don't speak to (toooo long a story) goes most evenings ... due to new rota . I will be going for todays tea time and medicines before work tonight.

So money stuff has taken a little bit of a back step. I will wait until next week to see what is left and what can be OP'd to whom. I overspent on my girls and OH in December.. and me :D got a dyson in the sales, to add to everything else :o

ETA DD2 wants to come home. She wants to finish 1st year then do years 2 and 3 and MSC at a local uni. This would be fine as I only want her to be happy and would mean less outlay and such for her. However... 2 weeks ago she had a big paddy because I dared to question and point out me being guarantor for her July 17 rented accommodation. I asked her the financial details... and ended up speaking to the agent. I then voiced every question with potential answer and pros and cons. I was the bad guy.. everyone would lose house. She already paid deposit. she stopped speaking to me for 48hrs until she wanted me to sign the forms. She promised me she understood. etc etc... So I signed as guarantor for £95 per week if she Doesn't pay or get new tenant.

And now she wants to come home , she misses us, she misses her friends, she has no money, she wants to learn to drive.... " weeks ago she was ****** **** staying
    Re mortgage August 19 £110470, HSBC £1500cc, Hfx £0, NW £1750 M&S £850, MBNA £9050
    … Mortgage £104900
  • EatingTheElephantEatingTheElephant Forumite
    1.4K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought it was supposed to get easier as children get older, but that really doesn't seem to be the case!
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    no not easier as such, just replacing one sets of problems and responsibilities with other ones :)

Mother visit shortly, then off to work for the night. last night was a bit of a mixed bag. I hope people do what they did Christmas eve and stay safely tucked up in bed :)
    … Mortgage £104900
  • brizzledfwbrizzledfw Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi MFD?..hope your shift wasn't too horrendous...that's a cracking time to be working ;)

Tough re your mum and DD2.. no easy answers. I have been asked by a YP of our accquaintance to be his guarantor. His mum and dad who have separated can't do it. I have loaned him money before which he has always paid up. I am pretty reluctant to do it, if am honest as it will probably be open ended (I've asked to see the paperwork to check), but not sure who else he can turn to and he's studying so needs somewhere to live :(

Dilemmas..

Have a good weekend, hope you get some time off
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Fortune_SmilesFortune_Smiles Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year MFD!

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 18% paid Overpayments 2020: 1650.47 Emergency Fund: 86% Tittervating Pot: 17.33

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J R R Tolkein
  • kirtsypooskirtsypoos Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy New Year :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    happy new year to you , Kirsty, fortune and Brizzle

busy shift.... lots of alcohol fuelled problems... plus a little DD1 drama, she had a bad allergic reaction, facial swelling and numbness... took antihistamines and epi pen and called an ambulance to another hospital at midnight !! I kind of talked her down from her hysteria over the phone and stayed in work knowing she was safe... did feel such a bad mum for that. She was discharged at 5am so I was right to stay put.

Brizzle I think would say no if it wasn't a family member. I did buy a friends teenage son on my credit card years ago and she paid it back, but she worked for us :o (office and child care)
    Currently my DD1 owes me her car on my CC, and I'm now guarantor for both. DD1 has proved her commitment , lets hope the princess (our nick name for DD2) doesn't let me down.

I have the lurgy , it's been doing the rounds... so I've taken a sicky. It's my 3 sick day in about 10 years. I'm hoping to be better by Friday and Saturday for my next shifts, although as I'm the last team member to get this they think I'll no see the week in work .

My first regular OP of the year done :D ( £100)
    I will likely make another to get under £166k tomorrow
    … Mortgage £104900
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    January 16 Mortgage £182000
    Car loan £4954
    HSBC CC £5600

January 17 Mortgage £166000
    Car loan CLOSED
    Halifax 0% CC £5200

Debt reduction £21400 2016 :T:T

If we repeat this we could complete our mortgage in 7.7 years. If we keep our extra income streams up 6 years is achievable ........
    Ja
    … Mortgage £104900