And the fireworks have started!

Someone nearby has decided it's time for fireworks. Benji was out when they started. He ran right past me and is now hiding somewhere outside, petrified and I can't find him.

Why do people have to be so thoughtless?

I appreciate that from Halloween onwards we will have to keep him, but did they have to start now!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Look on the bright side, they have only just started.

When I lived in N London there was no off season for fireworks, we had them all year round. Diwali was 10 times worse than bonfire night
  • They've been going off a lot round here lately and quite late too - I guess half term has something to do with it. Sounds like a war zone here and the worst is yet to come.

My cats hide inside but even after 13 years fireworks never seem to get any easier for them.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    I live in the country and thankfully the fireworks haven't yet started, but I wish I could understand why my dog isn't bothered by shooting but is petrified (terrier-fied?) by fireworks.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,050 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Fireworks usually emit a high pitched whistle or a swishing sound that some dogs don't like,
  • GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Two of mine are fine with fireworks, one isn't. I made her a little den under my little coffee table with a duvet for her to snuggle into so as soon as they start she goes and lies in there. It's in between my sofa and a wall so feels like a safe haven for her and I'm usually sitting on the sofa beside it which helps her. Although a massive lab trying to squeeze under the table is quite funny!
  • Imp
    Imp Posts: 1,035 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2015 at 7:35PM
    editted.......
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    sheramber wrote: »
    Fireworks usually emit a high pitched whistle or a swishing sound that some dogs don't like,

That makes sense, thanks. She doesn't like sirens either and competes with a very quiet howl.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I agree.. they should be banned in residential areas.. 2 of mine got out and I'm worried too.. let us know when yours come home.. they are sensible, cats, I'm sure they have a safe hiding place.. it's nerve wracking though :(
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure