🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Last Minute Job/JSA

Options
Hi

I'm on JSA, but have managed to secure a 'last minute job.'

I was phoned on Friday late afternoon, and started on Monday morning.

At what stage am I obliged to inform the benefits office of my 'temporary employment?' Should I phone them right now, or can I wait a few days.

Also, I found the first day 'tough going,' as it's basically a job I've never done before. If I don't 'make the grade' for this job, and I am asked to 'call it quits.' Will my JSA be affected?

Thanks
PennyPincher3562

Comments

• paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I'm on JSA, but have managed to secure a 'last minute job.'

I was phoned on Friday late afternoon, and started on Monday morning.

At what stage am I obliged to inform the benefits office of my 'temporary employment?' Should I phone them right now, or can I wait a few days.

Also, I found the first day 'tough going,' as it's basically a job I've never done before. If I don't 'make the grade' for this job, and I am asked to 'call it quits.' Will my JSA be affected?

Thanks
    PennyPincher3562

You should have called them today to sign off.

You can't accept the job then quit otherwise you wont be able to claim JSA for 6 months I believe. If the company sack you then you should be able to reclaim.
  • pennypincher3562
    Options
    paragon909 wrote: »
    You should have called them today to sign off.

I had no opportunity to do the above. I will call them tomorrow morning.

And with regards to the job possibly not working out, I will just need to 'hang on in there.'

Cheers
    PennyPincher3562
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills