UKCPS ticket....

Friend [RK] got a UKCPS letter two months ago claiming they had been ticketed at a certain location. Address was a public road that the RK didn't use, so they ignored it.

Got usual letters. Now got a letter detailing the location to be a private block of flats beside this road.

RKs friend used car and got the ticket...but threw it away!!

Is it too late for RK to write to CPS and name the driver??

I know UKCPS use the IPC so appealing is pretty pointless...
There's a very very easy way to get rid of scumco 'fines'...but I'm not allowed to say what it is...because it involves lying to scummy parking companies [which some people say is illegal!!] and that's 'not allowed'.

Replies

• ManxRedManxRed Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The registered keeper can name the driver at anytime up to the point when proceedings have begun.

I would advise making it perfectly clear that by supplying the name and address of the driver, that under the provisions of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 that you are no longer liable, and you do not expect to hear from them again in regard to the PCN.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • ComputersaysnoComputersaysno Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    thnx...........
    There's a very very easy way to get rid of scumco 'fines'...but I'm not allowed to say what it is...because it involves lying to scummy parking companies [which some people say is illegal!!] and that's 'not allowed'.
  • edited 29 September 2015 at 6:11PM
    The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 September 2015 at 6:11PM
    This company appears to have a problem with v.a.t.

If this is contractual charge, as they claim, it is a fee for parking and thus vatable. Have they accounted for vat on their paper work? If not it becomes a breach of contract. No vat is payable but it can only be sufficient to compensate them for losses arising as from the breach, i.e., no staff uniforms, N.I. contributions, no electricity, business rates etc., a GPEOL in fact. In many cases this loss amounts to nil.

Ask then for a vat invoice. If they ignore, (which they probably will), it is a useful stick with which to beat them if it gets to court. More reading here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5033796&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5195437&highlight

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5087925&highlight=

If you suspect tax evasion go here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5087925&highlight
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Hi, I have a UKCPS ticket too, I've had 2 letters to my address from them also to say that I haven't paid the fine yet. My fine has gone up to £100. I've trawled through these forums on this website and they're extremely helpful. But I was just wondering, do I definitely just ignore them and do nothing? Because I can't afford to get any bigger fines than I already have. I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth basically, that this is the process I should follow in Sept 2015 (as most of the forums are from around 2011). Thanks a lot.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've read stuff from 2011 you've been wasting your time!

Please just use the FORUM JUMP on the right (top and bottom now, it's grey). Click 'GO' and that gets you to page one of all the threads from today. Read currently advice, read the sticky threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    'haven't paid the *fine yet. My *fine has gone up to £100.'
    #
    Check again, tom18barker - and please start your own Thread

You'll find no-one used *this word. They can't, because only Police, Council Traffic Wardens or London Transport offcers can do this for parking matters.

You and csn both have unenforceable speculative invoices.

Although you say you read - 'most of the forums are from around 2011' - if you are reading this now. in 2015, why aren't you absorbing the newbies stickies?

Please do so.

There is no 2011 information there. This is a constantly updated thread, with those key points largely written by c-m, #6, one of mse's foremost experts.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• hoohoohoohoo Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    UKCPS regularly ignore post, so free proof of postage is essential.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides