🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Can I claim JSA after a settlement agreement?

Options
I wondered if I can claim the contribution aspect of the JSA. I don't see anything related to JSA and settlement agreements. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• NYM
    NYM Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Apply and you'll know soon enough :)

I believe that Contribution based JSA is not affected by most payments including redundancy and severance payments.

Obviously you'd have to qualify for JSA(C) ...
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you can.

You'll receive a P45 and can claim from the day after that is dated.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it's a PAYE settlement agreement paid in lieu of notice/ paid to end an employment contract you may not qualify as the money is seen as a wage. You need to clarify with the JCP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 1 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport