Niks 40 Month Countdown

Hi everyone!

Well here i am. Ready to tackle the world.... a little background info....

I went on maternity leave in 2012, we ended up with a fair bit of debt. We moved house and used the equity in the old house to clear the majority of the debt but due to various things including our wedding day the debt is now at approx £14k.....and we owe the inlaws money but right now i'm not worried about that due to a plan we have in place which will clear it this time next year.... so lets just focus on the cc.

We get married this coming Sunday and over the last week i have sat down and done lots of spreadsheets which will hopefully help me with paying off debt, making some saving, earning extra money and becoming debt free by the time i'm 30, hence the 40 month countdown.

Within the 40 month plan we have things we want to do, this includes a family holiday next year (HB2 30th B'day) and baby number 2, so my budgets i've made myself are taking this into consideration and I should be able to do it.

The aim though is to do it sooner, to earn extra money by doing extra things such as selling such, claiming tax back etc. I have a spreadsheet with 100 ways to make £150 which i'm filling in as and when i think of something. I am also planning on doing a PAD when i return from the honeymoon to hopefully bring the balance down quicker.

If anyone has any tips for me my DFW journey will be starting on the 21st September so I have about 3 weeks for some more ideas and then let the journey begin....
DFW - Feb 2016 £19k
Mortgage Savings - £500
Baby 2 on Board - 7 Weeks
Working towards my 30th and have a 3 year plan to be debt free, business built and own our house!

Comments

• Hey niknok,

Good luck with the wedding on Sunday!

Its my 4 year anniversary this week & it has flown in, wish I could get married again.

I have a city break this year then a holiday next year to work into my debt freedomness so I am with you on that one.

Its good to have a plan though, really makes you feel better doesnt it!

Anyways I have a diary on here somewhere so feel free to come catch up over there too, I am subscribing to yours though!

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport