Tribunal Hearing Soon Against DWP. Advice Needed

Options
Hello. I have my Tribunal hearing against the DWP soon. This is for my appeal against them turning down my claim for PIP. It will be me, two people from the DWP, a medical person, and the head of the Tribunal.
I am terrified, I have never spoken like this in front of people in any way before. I suffer with severe anxiety, and I now understand why a lot of claimants can't face going through with the appeal. I fear that the people from the DWP will walk all over me. If anyone could give me any advice on how to prepare for the hearing and anything that would improve my chances of winning my appeal, I would be really grateful. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly, do you understand what descriptors you are arguing for, and how they are assessed?
    In order for you to be able to do a thing for PIP, you need to be able to - most days be able to do it at no less than half the speed of a normal person, as and when required, reliably and safely.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've sent you a PM :)
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure