Unlock via Vodaphone and NUC

Options
I have asked Vodaphone to unlock my mobile which I've had for two years, hence a free service. I filled in the forms and received the following email:

Here is an update on your request to unlock your phone so you can use it on a different network. We are getting the code for you

We did not have the code on our database so we have asked your phone manufacturer for it.
Reference Number: 1808067

How long does it take? It can take up to 10 working days for us to get the code from them. As soon as we do, we will email it to you - along with instructions on what to do next.
Thanks,
Vodafone Customer Services Team

However, this was 22 days ago. Anyone know how this can be speeded up. Tried calling but left hanging so long (on two occasions) I had to hang up.

Thanks.

Comments

• Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What was the phone? If it was any iPhone it might be done, you just plug into iTunes and Apple unlock it that way. If it's some other phone then it's just Voda being rubbish at everything as usual.
  • snipercheeta
    Options
    It's a Sony Experia SP. Finally got through to someone at Vodaphone on the live chat. They said they "couldn't say" how long it would be. So frustrating...

Latest email today:

Hi
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Here’s an update on your request to unlock your phone so you can use it on a different network.

We are getting the code for you

We didn’t have the code on our database so we’ve asked your phone’s manufacturer for it.

We are highly dependent on the manufacturer in case of unlocking handsets.

How long does it take?

As soon as we receive code, we’ll email it to you – along with instructions on what to do next.

Thanks,
    Payal Shrimali
    Vodafone Network Unlocking Team
  • snipercheeta
    Options
    Still nothing...now 26 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income