Received Order for Recovery of Unpaid Penalty Charges from Apcoa

Please can someone help? I had two notices for driving in a bus lane back in April. I hadn't noticed any signs and was completely lost on what looked like a new housing estate still being built. Anyway, I got one for driving one way, turned round as realised I was on the wrong road and got another ticket on the way back.
After reading much online re Apcoa decided to ignore and have made no contact. Today I have received 2 Order for Recovery of unpaid Penalty Charges stating that my possessions may be removed and sold to pay this charge.
Should I continue to ignore - getting scared now!!!

Replies

• HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Who actually sent you the Orders? A court (perhaps the TEC?), a local authority, APCOA themselves or a debt collector?

Aside from running car parks as a private operator APCOA work for local authorities as a civil enforcement contractor. In such circumstances I believed the enforcement was all conducted by the local authority.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was a proper, council bus lane, you need to get yourself over to the Pepipoo Forum to get their advice - they are the best for fighting legit tickets.

However if this was on private property/roads you need to get yourself into the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum. Which will fully inform you of the current situation and the various options for dealing with it - Ignoring has not been a valid option for most private companies for a good couple of years now.
  • JillskiJillski Forumite
    12 Posts
    Thanks for your reply.
    The Order has come from Apcoa Gloucestershire and the Applicant is named as Gloucestershire CountyCouncil. It states all payments and enquiries must be directed to the Apcoa address. Also states "An Order to recover a penalty charge has been made against you at the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like you need to go and ask on pepipoo, be prepared to link photos etc so they can see what you are seeing , dont dilly dally about giving them information they can work with (although redact your personal details and car reg as they are not required)

post #3 told you this too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • DublindelDublindel Forumite
    406 Posts
    ✭✭
    What does it say about Appeals? And who do you appeal to?
    12 Posts
    It says I can make a statutory declaration as to the reason I haven't paid but that I have to get that signed before a commissioner for oaths or an officer of any county court and I may have to pay a fee.
    I didn't pay it in the first place after reading that Apoca couldn't enforce and, although Gloucester CC were listed as the applicant all correspondence was from Apoca based in Middlesex. It says this Order is drawn up on the authority of the traffic enforcement centre at Northampton County Court.
  • MarkthesharkMarktheshark Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    They will issue a warrant which will be sent to enforcement agents or people we refer to as bailiffs.
    This will add £75 allocation fee and £225 enforcement fee.
    They can clamp and levies on your car but not force entry by "lockpicking" or any other method of forced entry to the property as it is a civil warrant.

They can use deception and threats to make you grant them entry (such as threatening to call lockmiths, which is not true, they can walk in if the door or window is open.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    They will issue a warrant which will be sent to enforcement agents or people we refer to as bailiffs.
    This will add £75 allocation fee and £225 enforcement fee.
    They can clamp and levies on your car but not force entry by "lockpicking" or any other method of forced entry to the property as it is a civil warrant.

They can use deception and threats to make you grant them entry (such as threatening to call lockmiths, which is not true, they can walk in if the door or window is open.

I thought the law regarding this had changed, and that they also need to make an appointment, not turn up unannounced.

It's not my area of expertise so I may be wrong. Most people only listen to me when I'm wrong. :(
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • DublindelDublindel Forumite
    406 Posts
    ✭✭
    I repeat. Who does it say you should appeal to
    12 Posts
    The Traffic Enforcement Centre
This discussion has been closed.