Park direct Uxbridge

Hi all. I recived letter from park direct, the usual threatening type one the car was there for 1 minute and 46 seconds! My son collected his grandmother after she stopped to get a bottle of water after a visit to Uxbridge uni. We don't know the area but as you come down the high street it turns into one way so you have no choice but to enter this 'carpark' to turn around which is what we did, you have to go slow as its full of pot holes, hence what happens here and then his grandmother got in. We did an appeal letter as directed in other threads, so my question is how would I word my letter to POPLA should we not be successful with our appeal to park direct? It's an outrage really! 1 minute and 46 seconds and they try and get £100 an outrage! I just want to make sure it's correctly worded and would I need to say why we were there? Any help would be appreciated

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to make sure it's correctly worded and would I need to say why we were there?

No you don't talk about what happened.

Just do the obvious search of the forum 'ParkDirect Uxbridge POPLA' to find examples.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Melinda_AMelinda_A Forumite
    12 Posts
    Ok thank you, I'll wait to hear from them!
  • Melinda_AMelinda_A Forumite
    12 Posts
    Thank you for your help coupon mad, I've had their two page letter reply saying no to my appeal using quite stern words and generally being quite threatening and quoting the bevis case I bought up in my appeal letter. So my question is can I copy the appeal draft to POPLA on here by coupon mad on October 14th, slightly adapted to our circumstances or are there newer appeals I can copy? I've read so many now that I'm getting confused they all look very good, I just would like to get it right to ensure the best chance of my appeal being accepted by POPLA do I don't have to pay these horrible people! Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I must say this has been quite stressful but this forum really is fantastic, you are all very inspirational people, the threads are very helpful and do make you feel better!
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you had used the forum search and PARK DIRECT POPLA you would have found this recent 2015 one (dont use an old 2014 one)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5280358

read it, adapt it to fit your own circumstances (ie:- alter stuff that is different to yours, but use it as the basis for yours)

if necessary, copy and paste into notepad , adapt it, post it back on here from notepad for a quick check

then submit it

hope that helps
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News