Council owned: private enforcers

Hi all,

I've read the sticky: still at a loss..

On Saturday I received a window PCN (even though my valid ticket had fallen onto the floor: poor adhesive, but that's a different story for a different day)

On the top of the ticket it states both: Wolverhampton City Council & APCOA (http://www.apcoa.co.uk/press-and-news/article.html?tx_pxnews_pi3%5Buid%5D=203552)

is this an enforceable penalty, or is a private stand off?

I have appealed via the council website. albeit I had to do 45mins of digging to actually find the appeals site, as the link on the PCN is dead!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• MarkthesharkMarktheshark Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expand PCN in to what it says.
    What is PCN ?
    Read it from the ticket.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • shane1104shane1104 Forumite
    63 Posts
    Penalty Charge Notice....

its too early for these riddles!
  • MarkthesharkMarktheshark Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to go to http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/
    Scan both sides of your ticket and read the requirements very carefully, if not followed you will be ignored.
    This is a "real ticket" and they will use bailiffs to seize your car if not dealt with.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • shane1104shane1104 Forumite
    63 Posts
    that's fine, i'll pay the £25 if any hassle comes from it...

thanks for the help though.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    shane1104 wrote: »
    that's fine, i'll pay the £25 if any hassle comes from it...

thanks for the help though.
    Almost every PCN can be appealed and won. And you can't pay £25 unless you choose to do so when you get the 'discount bribe' re-offered after the first appeal. I wouldn't pay it (I see the discount as a bribe and I know almost every appeal can win). Over 90% on pepipoo are won in the end (NOT AT FIRST APPEAL- NOT WHILE THE BRIBE IS IN PLAY!) but the posters there will tell you if there are grounds.

There are three stages to appeal and you have to take a leap of faith if appealing and see it through, forget the silly discount bribe.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Almost every PCN can be appealed and won. And you can't pay £25 unless you choose to do so when you get the 'discount bribe' re-offered after the first appeal. I wouldn't pay it (I see the discount as a bribe and I know almost every appeal can win). Over 90% on pepipoo are won in the end (NOT AT FIRST APPEAL- NOT WHILE THE BRIBE IS IN PLAY!) but the posters there will tell you if there are grounds.

There are three stages to appeal and you have to take a leap of faith if appealing and see it through, forget the silly discount bribe.

ahh okay, the website after i appealed did state that the 14day "bribe" will be frozen pending an appeal review.
    but on what grounds will the appeal stand if my ticket was in the foot well?
    as i failed to "display a valid ticket accordingly"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides