IPC member charge - what to do next

I received a notice from an IPC member for overstaying a free 2 hr parking slot, as a company car driver I had to reply/appeal, I think I may have done the wrong thing by advising I accepted overstaying and would be happy to pay a proportionate charge, this was of course rejected, the only route they are accepting if I wish to appeal further is to the IAS, who clearly only look at the legalities. Have I dropped myself in it and should I just pay it now if I ignore this what should I expect

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    36.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you have "dropped yourself in it"

an IAS appeal is generally a waste of time as even with a good appeal they only win about 20% to 30% of the time

but you dont have to pay, nobody does , not unless a judge says so

you have the option of IGNORING them for 6 years and hope they dont issue an official LBC or an MCOL, if they do you have the right to defend yourself in court, like Barry Beavis is doing

just because you may owe a few pounds doesnt mean that the signage was correct, or that they followed the correct procedures , or that the amount demanded was correct in law (hence the Beavis case)

there are thousands of court cases every week, some win , some lose, some dont turn up and its a default win, or if they dont turn up like DEAL its struck out

the choice is yours, but I would think that a judge would deem it reasonable if you offered a reasonable settlement, but only you know the story
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • MarkthesharkMarktheshark Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    IAS appeals are random outcomes.
    If anyone has any other evidence post it up.
    They have to show a percentage "win".
    I do not even think they read what has been written and sort them out when counting envelopes.
    6 in no 1 in yes, 6 in no, 1 in yes.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us which parking company and we'll tell you if they are litigious or not. Someone like G24 issue tickets for overstays and they are nothing to worry about (just debt collector letters) but then you get the nastier firms - so who was the ticket from?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS