Help appeal refused

I received a PCN from smart parking for Asda in Ipswich. I went over by 26 minuets. I appealed showing copies of my groceries receipt for nearly £300 plus a letter detailing the fact I had a 3 year old and 10 week old who needed feeding and changing before we shopped. It was half term and we also got petrol from the service station as well. What should I do now? I've emailed Asda customer service with no reply. Lots of forums are saying just ignore them from now on.

Replies

• edited 29 June 2015 at 7:40AM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 June 2015 at 7:40AM
    Lots of forums are saying just ignore them from now on.

Please tell us which forums you are reading this advice on. Have you posted your problem on those too?

Ignoring a private parking charge leaves you open to debt collector letters and the possibility of court papers being served on you for the next six years.

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky at the top of the forum index, one page back from here, use the Forum Jump button to navigate there.

You do need to read and understand that sticky as you will have to do a bit of work to get rid of your problem. We will help and guide you, but won't be able to do it for you, so the more knowledge you gain about how to deal with this, the better you will handle it, and the more likely you will be successful.

But you do need to press hard on ASDA, especially with that level of spend on the day of your parking incident. Get yourself down to the store with your receipt in your hand and politely insist on seeing the manager, not a fob-off customer services person.

Have you complained on their Facebook/Twitter pages? Publicly making a noise usually springs them into action. So complain, complain, complain - but all in parallel with reading the sticky and taking action as detailed there.

Don't bury your head in the sand on this!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    36.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mike-e1979 wrote: »
    I've emailed Asda customer service with no reply.

Lots of forums are saying just ignore them from now on.

write to their CEO at the UK Head Office (like DOM would do) and include redacted copies of receipts and bank statements etc to show proof of patronage

as for "lots of forums" , the people on those forums telling you this are idiots and should have their computers and broadband removed so they cannot harm anyone else !!

do NOT ignore this

the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you what to do, and when to do it, so send the template letter off to NOT-SO-SMART (unless you have appealed) , they will eitehr cancel or issue a popla code

then use the forums HERE to prepare a winning popla appeal

the good news is that you are now in the right place, so only get advice from here or from pepipoo forums , not these other useless forums you have visited

good luck
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the good news is that you are now in the right place, so only get advice from here or from pepipoo forums , not these other useless forums you have visited

I don't believe the OP has seen any such current advice. Why do so many who come here for the first time trot out this line?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • interstellaflyerinterstellaflyer Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Please tell us which forums you are reading this advice on. Have you posted your problem on those too?

Unfortunately, local Facebook pages are notorious places for this, people far too willing to give out of date advice.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Thank you to all the helpful comments. There are other forums out there still saying ignore which is why I chose to check out more than one, glad I did. I'm going to Asda on Wednesday once my shifts have finished.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    mike-e1979 wrote: »
    Thank you to all the helpful comments. There are other forums out there still saying ignore which is why I chose to check out more than one, glad I did. I'm going to Asda on Wednesday once my shifts have finished.

You mean you lost the first appeal and are simply now at 'easy to win if you know how' POPLA stage? Simple as anything to beat Smart at POPLA, half the time they produce no evidence but don't write about what happened and don't just write a few lines on a form!

Search this forum for 'Smart POPLA' to find recent examples and submit it online once you've had your draft checked here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides