Forum Home » Referrers

GiffGaff SIM £5 credit for you and me

New Post Advanced Search

Referrers Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, we need your help more than ever so that we can focus our energy on helping the millions of people affected by coronavirus. For now, we plan to leave the Referrers Board open, but we ask that you only post on here within the Referral Board rules especially of once only per referral and on the correct threads. As always please keep it friendly and within the forum rules.

Thank you for your help and understanding at this really difficult time.

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

GiffGaff SIM £5 credit for you and me

edited 14 July 2015 at 4:27PM in Referrers
188 replies 48.8K views
reduxredux Forumite
22.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 14 July 2015 at 4:27PM in Referrers
giffgaff is a virtual mobile brand, which works using the O2 network

They offer optional monthly add-on bundles, or simple payg call rates of 10 pence a minute, text messages 6 pence

Their bundles, which they call goodybags, range from £5 for modest use to £20 for 2000 minutes with unlimited texts and internet.

Or there is also a range of data only bundles, intended for use in dongle or tablet PCs, etc

Free calls and texts to other giffgaff users, free calls to freephone numbers

Also competitive tariffs for making international calls from UK.

More details of tariffs at http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing - expand sections lower down for stuff like 08 numbers and international and roaming rates.

A unique aspect of giffgaff is that they believe some of the support queries can be answered by other users, and those that do so on the forum are rewarded with some payback, at 6 month intervals, so if that interests you, join in!

There is also an offer for referring other people, using affiliate links direct to the ordering process, and the referrer sees no personal details.

The offer is a SIM card with free £5 bonus credit, which is added shortly after activation.

Please note that the SIM arrives not active, and cannot be used only for the free credit. To save waste please don't order if that's all you hope for.

To activate it you need to enter the 6 letter code printed on the SIM, then your details, and make the first £10 top-up, (which can buy an optional goodybag if you wish, or that can be added later from credit on the account).

Top-ups can be made using either a debit or credit card, or with a voucher from a shop. There are giffgaff vouchers available in plenty of shops, or O2 voucher may be used instead.

The advantage to me is that I also get £5 worth of the payback points for the referral, if you use my link.

06_250x52.png

I suggest that if you want a number of SIMs e.g. for your family, that you order just one or two to start with, then once active you can refer yourself for the others and get £5 bonus each, for them and for you.

You may of course order without using a referral, but without the bonus £5 either, straight from giffgaff.

https://giffgaff.com/orders/free-sim

Replies

• edited 26 November 2010 at 6:11PM
    heatherw_01heatherw_01 Forumite, Board Guide
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 November 2010 at 6:11PM
    If you use my link to join giffgaff, you will get a free sim with free £5 credit once you activate the sim by topping up £10.

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/ukheather

I will get 500 points for you using my link

Calls with giffgaff are very cheap!

To giffgaff mobiles, texts, call forwarding and video calls - Free
    Calls to other UK mobiles and landlines (per minute) - 8p
    Texts to other UK mobiles and landlines - 4p
    Mobile Internet (until the 28th of February 2011) - Free
    0800 numbers - Free

06_250x52.png
    :beer:
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    46.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this new giffgaff scheme is allowed , the old one involved too much persoanl data to be swapped
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • nohnoh Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have just activated my giffgaff sim ordered using the link from heatherw_01 above. Received the £5 top up immediately on activation with £10

If anyone wishes to use my referral link here it is:-

06_250x52.png

If you do order via my link and then activate the sim. I will receive 500 points and you will get £5 credit.
  • edited 28 December 2010 at 11:50AM
    crazyfjcrazyfj Forumite
    290 posts
    edited 28 December 2010 at 11:50AM
    I highly recommend giffgaff.

At the moment for £10 a month you get 250 mins (normally 100), unlimited texts and unlimited mobile internet.

Excellent service. If you use my link (or anyone's link) you get a free £5.00. It uses the o2 network so its a good signal.

You can use my link:-

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/crazyfj

or if you prefer you can use the non referral:-

www.giffgaff.com

thanks
  • matphilmatphil Forumite
    867 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭
    I would also recommend Giffgaff. My family are all on it now so we can all call and text each other for free, it has saved me a fortune. I am using mine in an iphone and get free unlimited internet.
    If you would like to order a free sim through my referall link then we will both get £5 free credit when you activate the sim.

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/pphil
  • ants97ants97 Forumite
    135 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    yep as above been using giff gaff a few months now and the unlimited internet is excellent. It really is a great service.

so if anyone wants a free £5 credit which is applied within 24hrs of the sim being activated just follow this link,

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/ants97

and I'll also recieve the usual 500 points payback bonus.

Cheers.
  • edited 20 January 2011 at 12:51AM
    BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K posts
    edited 20 January 2011 at 12:51AM
    I supply Micro-SIMs for GiffGaff too, you can PM for info.

My link for free SIM with £5 credit: https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/bextech

10_125x125.png
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
    46.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this the standard giffgaff sim card cut down by you using a cutter ??

I am not aware that giffgaff supply micro sim cards yet
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I have just joined GiffGaff and it is the best value-for-money network around.

Free data until 28Feb!!!!!

Using my code you will get £5 credit on your account when joining GiffGaff

06_250x52.png

46.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to point out that the referral sign up is ok as the sim card is sent direct to you but the supply of microsims would invovle the swapping of personal details which is not allowed on the forum

I would suggest that you take up the offer the normal way and then cut the sim card using one of these

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=microsim+cutter&_sacat=0&_odkw=microsim&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313