Sky broadband offer you blagged

edited 25 June 2015 at 4:35PM in Broadband & Internet Access
11 replies 1.6K views
PGrant1316PGrant1316 Forumite
7 Posts
edited 25 June 2015 at 4:35PM in Broadband & Internet Access
The Sky broadband offer you blagged is not working. I have my code but the Sky offer site says the code is not recognised. Ive had a reminder from them that time is running out!

Ive wasted hours trying to get the deal!

Has anyone else had the same problem

Replies

• How do you contact Martin to ask what's the point of claiming he's blagged a deal if Sky don't let you claim it?
  • I have had exactly same problem. Live chat not available according to one page and busy for over two hours on another. Two phone calls but told offer online only and will have to live chat. Second person told me offer not available because I have Sky TV but I can't find that exclusion, I've never had sky broadband or phone before. Screen says code not recognised for existing customers but if u take the other option it is recognised but it won't let me complete order! Tried to complain and directs me to live chat which of course is busy!
  • GhillieGhillie Forumite
    6 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    me too - and when I finally got through to chat they declined to honour saying they only had FIBRE available despite all the checks befre even applying for the code.
    never had any dealings with SKY before - and frankly not certain I ever want to - and a shameful use of MSE to appear to lend credence to their hard sell
  • zolablue25zolablue25 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting thread. I don't think I have ever seen one before where all the posters have such low post counts.

Not saying there's anything wrong or suspicious about it, just unusual
  • onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    There may well be many people that read the main site for "deals" but do not participate in the forum unless there's a problem with one of those deals.

There are other topics about this particular offer not working. Not with complaints from me, as internet connectivity is important enough to me that I buy on quality, not price so have not attempted to avail myself of this offer.
    Home is where my books are.

Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
    Mortgage neutral target Jun 2019, achieved Dec 2018.
  • edited 26 June 2015 at 2:48PM
    PGrant1316PGrant1316 Forumite
    7 Posts
    edited 26 June 2015 at 2:48PM
    Zolablue I seldom post on any forum and I dont understand what you think Im up to!
  • Zolablue that was the first time I had posted on the MSE forum and only made this first post because it was about an MSE blagged offer
  • fivesmasterfivesmaster Forumite
    28 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I got this deal, already up and running....amazing value...
  • zolablue25zolablue25 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    As I said "Not saying there's anything wrong or suspicious about it, just unusual" and it is. I don't think I mentioned anywhere in my post that I think anyone is "up to" anything. I was merely making an observation.
  • I ordered it no problem too. I didn't even enter the code just followed the link from the email. Did you try it again? Maybe clear your cookies and have another go. I know there were teething problems on the first day it went live.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals