Any recent Plusnet retention deals?

As per title.

I see some historic threads on this topic but has anybody secured a decent fibre retention deal in the last couple of months.

If so how was it achieved?
Simple call and got the offer or loads of research needed on alternatives + cashbacks etc. to haggle with?

Comments

• I just rang as am out of contract with them. They offered less than new customers get, wanting £5.50 for the broadband, newbies get it at £2. On very low income so a couple of quid really matters to me :/

Asked if they could do better, and they said they would try to match other deals out there. Have looked, snd think SSE is cheap at £12. I only have landline for internet, rare I use phone to £12 looks good. Not so impressed after reading some of the SSe comments though about installation and no service while you switch, big problem for me as I have to use internet to do food shopping...

Just about to ring Plusnet to ask them to match SSE at £12 a month, includes weekend calls and 1000 mins (or 150 calls) to 0845/0870 numbers (the only ones I ever need to ring so Ok for me) for 18 month contract.

Any other suggestions welcome!
    Will keep you posted on the SSE haggle...
  • Just saw you. were asking about fiber, sorry...

Plusnet wanted £23 for landline and BB inc weekend calls when I rang to renew. Rang Cust Retentions back after looking online at SSE for the £12 month

Plusnet have offered:

free BB for 2 years
    will take their pay upfront annual line rental (thanks to mum!) works out at £13 a month... This is £10 a month cheaper than was offered just an hour ago.

:)
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    SSE also do fibre and their prices are pretty low.
    For the 76Mps product I have they are charging £12.50 for 2 years with £12 line rental.
    I think I'll give PN a call.
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Plusnet matched the SSE deal on fibre BB. I didn't press on reducing line rental from the £12.99 I currently pay. 2 year contract though so hopefully there will be no issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure