Tax Credits - Engaged Phone Line for 3 days !!!

Options
Tearing my hair out here.

Called HMRC/Tax Credits on 04 June to notify them of a change in my daughter's DLA; she has gone from low car to High care on appeal.

They gave me a number to call them back on if I hadn't had a response from them in 11 days. I've been trying to call more or less constantly now since Monday the line is always busy/engaged.

By my reckoning they owe us around £1000 in back payments due to additional Severe Disabled Child Element now being payable back from September last year.

Anyone know of any alternative numbers to call? The number they gave me was 0300 055 0763; I was told the normal helpline could not help me and I had to call that number.

So Frustrating. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Aginoth
    Aginoth Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gah, after over 300 attempts I gave up and called the general helpline (which they had previously told me would not answer this query), 35 mins on hold to be told they haven't carried out the changes that should have been done, as informed, in the last 2 weeks and that it will take another 2 weeks to process them, then I have to call the perma-busy number again for an update; and apparently thy have no information on how to make a complaint (fat lot of good a complaint would do anyway)

Head vs Brick Wall.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    and apparently thy have no information on how to make a complaint (fat lot of good a complaint would do anyway)

https://www.gov.uk/tax-credits-appeals-complaints/complaints

2. Complaints
    You can complain about things like:

mistakes that have been made
    unreasonable delays
    the way you’ve been treated
    How to complain
    You can call or write to the Tax Credit Office.

When you complain, include:

your National Insurance number
    your full name, address and telephone number
    details of what happened and when
    how you’d like your complaint settled
    the word ‘Complaint’ at the top of your letter
    The Tax Credit Office will let you know when to expect a response.
  • jannm
    Options
    have been waiting 3 months for my claim to be sorted rang asked to complain told would receive call in 48 hrs nothing rang again same and nothing wrote a letter still waiting, beyond belief dont no where to go from here now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure