Forum Home» Praise, Vent & Warnings

Introducing Resolver.co.uk! - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Introducing Resolver.co.uk!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
56 replies 71.5K views

Replies

• Resolver didn’t help at all with my issue with GARDEN EXPRESS. Nadir, nowt, nothing. They still haven’t responded to me or Resolver.
  • Penny-less_2Penny-less_2 Forumite
    132 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    I received an email today purporting to be from Resolver, updating and old case. The log on screen came up on opening the email. When I logged on there was a message saying: 'I am a hacker!' and went on to say that all my emails were compromised. I quickly came out of the email and have no idea what to do next. I cannot contact Resolver without logging in so I am worried I will just get this message again. I am very worried to say the least and have no way of contacting Resolver.
  • I used Resolver to claim back for the cancelled flight that my daughter and her friend were supposed to be on from Dubrovnik to Istanbul in July 2019. Turkish Airlines did manage to get them on a much later flight and they did get their connecting flight back to Cape Town where they both live. Resolver was so easy to use and with two weeks both girls had Euros250 each refunded. they had to go to Cape Town airport to the Turkish Airlines office (which luckily is pretty close) with their credit cards where the money was refunded. Thanks Resolver we cant believe how easy it was!
  • MaverockMaverock Forumite
    51 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Tried it today, filled the form in, spent my usual time trying to negotiate the dreaded 'Capture', hit the send button then was asked for a username/password. Complete waste of time!
  • Used resolver to complain about Virgin Media - Virgin never replied so resolver cant do anything!
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just send it directly?

It always seems odd to hope that a third party will send your complaint to the correct address for you, when you could do it yourself.
  • ciaccinociaccino Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    zx81 wrote: »
    Why not just send it directly?

It always seems odd to hope that a third party will send your complaint to the correct address for you, when you could do it yourself.
    Resolver has a database of contacts that are not available to the general public. The usual way of complaining is to use some form on a website that usually goes to the customer service department.

In my case, with some notable exception (namely the DWP), all my complaints have gone to managers that are not listed anywhere.

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ciaccino wrote: »
    Resolver has a database of contacts that are not available to the general public.

They also have a large database of incorrect contact details.
  • ciaccinociaccino Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    zx81 wrote: »
    They also have a large database of incorrect contact details.
    True. I only had problems when complaining to the DWP. I reported that to Resolver and they changed the email addresses, but it was too late. I had to use other channels.

The good thing, though, is that, when an email bounces, you get to know that, while, when you use the usual channels, you rarely get a feedback.

• Budkins01Budkins01 Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Good morning everyone, 

could someone help me tackle Opodo. We paid money for Premium seats but got Economy. Opodo have sent one email with a very poor explanation but are not replying to my emails. This needs to be taken further but I don’t know where to start. 

Many thanks