concetrix? whats going on?

Options
I had a letter off them and they want 9 months worth of wage slips, i work for an agency and my hours go up and down, i also pay into a pension,but have not mentioned this? i diddnt think it would make any difference, now i am really worried. has anyone else had this? if i phoned them every time my hours changed i woud be phoning them every week!

Comments

• Scarla
    Scarla Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Did you not give up work then? Hope your husband is on the road to recovery.
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    It would really depend on how your hours vary and how many hours you need to work to qualify based on your circumstances.

Eg if no children or disabilities and under 60, you need to work 30 hours.

If you worked 30hrs, 29hrs, 35hrs, 30hrs it's unlikely to be a problem.

If you worked 15hrs, 30hrs, 20hrs, 20hrs then there would be an issue.

As BB says, it really depends on how varied your hours were.

IQ
  • smileymummy
    smileymummy Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    Blondie i have a child with a disability, and most weeks id do 25 hours, then i would have weeks where i would do less, but ive never done any less than 16.
  • smileymummy
    Options
    Scarla wrote: »
    Did you not give up work then? Hope your husband is on the road to recovery.

No i diddnt scarla and he seems to be on the mend now, thanks for asking xx
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    I rang concentrix to see what's going on went through security case number then to be told systems down.

He asked me for trAcking number then when I found it told me he couldn't check anyway !!!

So have to ring back again tomorrow he said they are up to date with scanning paper work so I wonder if some one is actually looking at my claim today and that he's just telling me systems down till it's sorted !
  • Scarla
    Scarla Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, that's good news Smileymummy. :)
  • smileymummy
    Options
    Are you single or do you have a partner?

It makes a difference to the number of hours you need to work.

Scarla has mentioned a husband, if a joint claim then you need to work at least 24hrs per week between you (with one at least working 16hrs per week) unless the partner is incapacitated (getting certain benefits because of disability or ill health), is entitled to Carer’s Allowance, or is in hospital or prison

My partner looks after my son scarla, i was led to belive it was only 16 hours for one partner if you had a child with a disability,either way i work most weeks over 24 hours anyway, it was the pension bit that worried me.
  • smileymummy
    Options
    No that is not correct. 16hrs only applies if your partner receives a disability/illness benefit for himself, or receives carers allowance, is in hospital or prison.

Does your partner claim carers allowance?

How many hours did you tell tax credits you work? This will be on your award letter.

The fact you pay into a pension doesn't affect your working hours, although can reduce your taxable income.

Yes he does claim carers, and when i initally spoke to tax credits on the phone i said my hours would be different all the time,so we settlled on an average of 25 hours,sometimes i work more,sometimes i work less.
  • smileymummy
    Options
    Then yes you can claim only working 16hrs as your partner claims carers allowance.

Perhaps you need to revise your average hours?

Send them to relevant records and there shouldn't be an issue.

I have sent them all my wage slips blondebubbles,was such a pain in the posterior. thanks for all your advice xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure