vodafone diabolical customer services

Options
So basically weve had an ongoing complaint since 23rd january which goes something like this..... (im copying and pasting so bear with me). ....when coming to the end of my contract, we rang up vodafone on 9 december 2014 to inform them we wanted to cancel the contract, we asked the advisor what we had left to pay, who informed us, and i quote, "you have no more to pay". so we cancelled the direct debit, to then be sent a late payment letter in january, with an amount left to pay. I rang up vodafone straightaway, on january 23rd, and was told someone would need to listen to the call that was made on the 9/12, was told i would get a call back within 7 days, but got nothing. rang back on the 30th jan, told still no one had listened to the call, rang back on the 8/2 and was told another 7 days but i was not happy with that so i rang back and expressed my dissatisfacton and was told the complaint would be fast tracked and i should ring back the next day 9/2 rang again and was told no one had listened and that i should not have been told it would be fast tracked as its impossible. told a backlog of complaints so going to be another 7-10 days. 4/3 rang back again and spoke to someone who said because there is a payment outstanding she could not do anything, and rang again on 17/3 who again told me a manager
emily: would ring back as i expressed dissatisfaction of being told i still have a payment to make considering, we were told there was no further payments to make, the time ive spent ringing and chasing it up only told be told all sorts of different things, the inconvenience and now we have a late payment mark on our credit file. i really hope you can help me with this as its causing a lot of stress to us. the main thing is getting the mark off our credit file.and also to add to this, i was informed as the account is frozen pending investigation, we would not incurr any late payment marks on our credit file, but my partner today has informed me that he has got late payment marks for feb and march. this is really causing us a lot of distress and inconvenience.

Ive copied and pasted this from a chat conversation with a vodafone employee who also promised us he would clear the account and remove the marks but to no avail,
Then i rang yet again and they said it would be escalated again and this person would PERSONALLY see the account cleared and credit file also cleared. But now we have looked on my partners credit file and its now turned into a DEFAULT!! :( .
We were hoping to get a mortgage this year but weve got no hope now with this .

If anyone can help us i would be most grateful. Because were at our wits end :mad:

Comments

• geerex
    geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    And they wonder why they have a backlog of complaints....

Sorry, I can't provide any help apart from adding that a Vodafone rep generally comes on here and tries their best to assist.

Good luck!
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the bill for is it the final bill or several because the account wasn't cancelled ?
    When you cancelled did you ask for a PAC to transfer your number ?
    It's not just about the money
  • tonto2008
    Options
    It was my final bill as contract had come to an end.
    If id been told in the beginning we had to pay something id have paid no problem. Never missed a payment in 4 years with them. Just a shame to come to this.
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    tonto2008 wrote: »
    If id been told in the beginning we had to pay something id have paid no problem. Never missed a payment in 4 years with them. Just a shame to come to this.
    The problem is after you gave notice (30 days) you would then be sent a final bill when the account was closed with allowances made for the billing cycle.
    You can ask for a transcript of the phone call if this wasn't explained to you by doing a SAR which will cost you £10.
    Or contact the rep on here and ask for help
  • tonto2008
    Options
    Thats just it though, we cancelled with the rep and specifically asked how much more i would need to pay, his exact words were 'you have no more to pay' no mention of 30 days notice or anything of the sort.
    most of the calls at the beginning were me being promised the call would be listened to. If id have known it would come to this id have paid it and claimed the money back, but being told someone would listen and it would be sorted i didnt think expect it to come this far.
    This SAR You mentioned, what is that exactly and how do i get it?
    Thanks for reply btw ☺
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats just it though, we cancelled with the rep and specifically asked how much more i would need to pay, his exact words were 'you have no more to pay' no mention of 30 days notice or anything of the sort.
    most of the calls at the beginning were me being promised the call would be listened to. If id have known it would come to this id have paid it and claimed the money back, but being told someone would listen and it would be sorted i didnt think expect it to come this far.
    This SAR You mentioned, what is that exactly and how do i get it?
    Thanks for reply btw ☺
    Subject Access Request .....you can demand the details they hold even a transcript of the call provided you can give reasonable details of dates etc they should have them
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

There's the problem, mobile contracts don't just "come to an end", they are open ended minimum term contracts. What had happened was that you had reached the end of the minimum term and at that stage are required to give 30 days notice to actually end the contract.

Hopefully you get the issue sorted, but I fear unless the Vodafone rep can help you are in for a hard time sorting this.

You need to send an email to the rep, instructions are in the Vodafone complaints thread.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=295048
    ====
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi tonto2008,

So I can get this looked into further, email me with your details using the link in our profile here.

Just copy and paste the link into your web browser, and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mcginleye
    mcginleye Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot tell you how bad Vodafone is as a company. They are by far the worst mobile phone provider in the UK. The general ethos of the company is not to call you back and go back on everything they advise they will complete!
  • corf999
    corf999 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    until you leave, when you are suddenly hounded by them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure