BT Line Rental Retention Deals?

mgns
mgns Posts: 54
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any recent examples of BT line rental only retention deals?

This year BT have been firm in offering virtually no incentive to stick with them. In the past they've been willing to offer a deal - last year they offered me free 'Evenings & Weekends with my Line Rental Saver.

I've been in contact with them and the only offer they have is 'Anytime Calls' for £5.50. However, that discount isn't of any use as I don't make anywhere near £66 worth of calls. Sticking with BT and my current package doesn't seem worth it when Post Office Home Phone would work out around £40 cheaper.

Has anyone used Quidco for their line rental renewal? The current cashback offer is £50 for 'Solus Calls' but the T&Cs don't mention what that package is or anything for/against existing customers taking out another 12 month contract.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• royski
    royski Posts: 50 Forumite
    Hi,

This is what I found about 'solus' plans from BT :

Solus means a single product from the
    supplier (e.g. fixed voice only,
    TV only) Dual means two products... etc

So basically its the same service but not bundled up with other products. Hope this helps

R
  • royski
    royski Posts: 50 Forumite
    Also, from Quidco:

• Cashback is paid for all customers purchasing a brand new package. Existing BT customers who regrade a current package will only be eligible for cashback on the new add-on element, if cashback is offered on the particular product at the time.
    • Cashback is only confirmed once installation is complete.
    • Customers that have existing BT line rental but Broadband from another provider are classed as new BT Broadband customers.
    So it seems you will only be paid cashback on a new product you haven't got yet, when already a BT customer.

R
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry to tell you there are no discounts to be had on a BT line renewal. They will discount both TV and broadband, but not line rental.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 52,992
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    BT need to keep line rental, broadband, and call costs high to subsidise their TV and mobile ops, so they will have no interest in discounting line rental, other than via Line Rental Saver.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • mgns
    mgns Posts: 54
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for all your replies. The idea of trying to claim Quidco cashback was a bit of a flyer but I thought I'd ask just in case.

After previously getting decent discounts, the attitude from BT Retentions this year, was that they didn't really care whether I kept my line rental/calling plan with them or not - which was surprising.

BT's current discount seems to be 'Anytime' for £5.50 and nothing else. If anyone has recently received anything better than that, feel free to post your deal.

My broadband is with Sky, so I'll see what they have to offer. From other threads, I've read that people are being offered £10 a month line rental and free broadband - but that may only be for existing TV/Phone customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure