Phoning Tax credits

Options
I have tried 4 times now at various times of the day/days of the week to get through to the helpline to discuss possibly increasing my working hrs and another subject. However i can not get through. I have been sat on the phone ranging from 15 to 30 mins with no answer. Does anyone else have a tele number that they have managed to call or even a complaint line?
thanks
polly

Comments

• cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    paberley wrote: »
    I have tried 4 times now at various times of the day/days of the week to get through to the helpline to discuss possibly increasing my working hrs and another subject. However i can not get through. I have been sat on the phone ranging from 15 to 30 mins with no answer. Does anyone else have a tele number that they have managed to call or even a complaint line?
    thanks

I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes to inform them of a change of circumstances. Are you using the 03 number? Try ringing between 10-12 and 2-4. Would think it would be quieter then as most people at work and not on break.
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I tried this afternoon. Do not know why I bothered. Should have waited until first thing in the morning. OK certain difficulty called breathing is harder to talk first thing!

I really object to going through all the questions of that horrid automated system etc before they tell you they cannot take the call and disconnect the call.
  • sheeps68
    sheeps68 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Straight through at 8am though I still loathe that automated voice recognition system.
  • Mikey17
    Mikey17 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Try an alternative number 028 9053 8192
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business