Personal Independence claim

Options
Hi everyone,

My husband has been waiting since start of june last year over 10months for his pip claim to be sorted out!
He had an assessment booked for 3rd march this year in which they cancelled. he then had one on the 30th march which he attended, atos then had it with them for quality checks. We was informed that the report was sent to dwp yesterday. He suffered knee injury in 2012 in which he damaged all ligaments in his knee he had physio but it only got worse at the start of 2014 his knee became weaker and damaged the knee further including the bone in his knee. he had an operation in september to repair his ligaments and to remove osteophytes. but the damage to his bone was permanant and unrepairable he also has osteoarthritis in his knee. And is in pain everyday he is taking 3 different painkillers perscribe by doctor.
Does anyone know how long one dwp receive the report it takes to get the decision and your payments backdated. feels like we have been waiting forever and getting nowhere.

Thanks for you help :)

Comments

• 3008caz
    3008caz Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    3008caz wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My husband has been waiting since start of june last year over 10months for his pip claim to be sorted out!
    He had an assessment booked for 3rd march this year in which they cancelled. he then had one on the 30th march which he attended, atos then had it with them for quality checks. We was informed that the report was sent to dwp yesterday. He suffered knee injury in 2012 in which he damaged all ligaments in his knee he had physio but it only got worse at the start of 2014 his knee became weaker and damaged the knee further including the bone in his knee. he had an operation in september to repair his ligaments and to remove osteophytes. but the damage to his bone was permanant and unrepairable he also has osteoarthritis in his knee. And is in pain everyday he is taking 3 different painkillers perscribe by doctor.
    Does anyone know how long one dwp receive the report it takes to get the decision and your payments backdated. feels like we have been waiting forever and getting nowhere.

anyone else been waiting or waited a long time for pip??
  • micky2phones
    micky2phones Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I waited 18 months for my claim for DLA, which every one said it was easy to claim.

Very easy if you know how to work the system which i didnt.
  • benniebert
    benniebert Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    I waited 18 months for my claim for DLA, which every one said it was easy to claim.

There you go then. When you come to claim PIP you will be an expert at it making sure that you use the right buzz words etc.
  • micky2phones
    micky2phones Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    benniebert wrote: »
    There you go then. When you come to claim PIP you will be an expert at it making sure that you use the right buzz words etc.

Mmmmm maybe you are right but what caused part of the delay was me being honest.

Help and advice came from Mind, Cab, Mse, Doctor. Hospital, and people with same problems this made me see that i did need help.

This all helped with my appeal.
  • 3008caz
    Options

Im not sure we know either before we know it a year would of past, hope its not too much longer we just sat on edge wondering if he will be given it as its all done on the points now.x
  • 3008caz
    Options
    hopefully not much longer, he has had a operation but unfortunatly his knee is no stronger than it was before, im helping him with getting in and out the bath and he has to go very careful when coming down the stairs he uses his crutches as his leg gives way causing him to fall, I also do all the cooking due to 1. it not being safe for him to do so as standing for that period of time could result in him falling 2. he is unable to crouch or bend down for oven either due to the swelling and stiffness in his knee. I dont know how all this works as we never heard of it untill his surgeon told us to apply for it. we have had the assessment and the man said its done by descriptors and points? who scores the points the assessor or dwp? thanks:(
  • Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    hopefully not much longer, he has had a operation but unfortunatly his knee is no stronger than it was before, im helping him with getting in and out the bath and he has to go very careful when coming down the stairs he uses his crutches as his leg gives way causing him to fall, I also do all the cooking due to 1. it not being safe for him to do so as standing for that period of time could result in him falling 2. he is unable to crouch or bend down for oven either due to the swelling and stiffness in his knee. I dont know how all this works as we never heard of it untill his surgeon told us to apply for it. we have had the assessment and the man said its done by descriptors and points? who scores the points the assessor or dwp? thanks:(

Its a bit of both the DWP go on what the assessor has said, or the DWP just ignore what's been put down by the assessor.

While it's jumping the gun a little and I can only go on what I had to do for PIP, I would write and ask DWP for the assessment report now via a SAR. It makes writing a mandatory reconsideration much easier. If you wait until you potentially 'fail' PIP to ask for the report you won't have time to submit the mandatory reconsideration while you wait for the report and will have to write the MR without benefit of seeing what was said about you.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • 3008caz
    Options
    Diary wrote: »
    Its a bit of both the DWP go on what the assessor has said, or the DWP just ignore what's been put down by the assessor.

While it's jumping the gun a little and I can only go on what I had to do for PIP, I would write and ask DWP for the assessment report now via a SAR. It makes writing a mandatory reconsideration much easier. If you wait until you potentially 'fail' PIP to ask for the report you won't have time to submit the mandatory reconsideration while you wait for the report and will have to write the MR without benefit of seeing what was said about you.

brilliant thankyou i will do that, can i email them or does it need to be in writing?
  • Diary
    Diary Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    brilliant thankyou i will do that, can i email them or does it need to be in writing?

You need a special form called a SAR, which can be downloaded from the Internet and printed off. Subject Access Request. Always, always, always keep a copy of everything you send however trivial you think it is.

As always I can only state what I did and issuing a SAR was the only way I could get my report - DWP ignored any normal channel requests.
    Master Apothecary Faranell replied, “I assure you, overseer, the Royal Apothecary Society dearly wishes to make up for the tragic misguidance which ended so many lives. We will cause you no trouble. We seek only to continue our research in peace".
  • 3008caz
    Options
    Diary wrote: »
    You need a special form called a SAR, which can be downloaded from the Internet and printed off. Subject Access Request. Always, always, always keep a copy of everything you send however trivial you think it is.

As always I can only state what I did and issuing a SAR was the only way I could get my report - DWP ignored any normal channel requests.

so i need to ask them to send it via a sar? if they do this where do i find it to open it?x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure