Vodafone Contract.

Options
Hi guys. I'm looking for a little advice.

I have a contract from Vodafone. I missed my direct debit last week and contacted the automated payment line. I was given the option to pay 10% of my bill to prevent service restriction and nominate a date to settle the rest. I chose the 19th (payday) however my phone was cut off on the 18th. I paid the bill in full and my phone was then activated again.

This morning however, I noticed my services were restricted and I was getting messages saying my device wasn't registered to a network and I was receiving emails saying my insurance and all the add ons were cancelled. I went to the Vodafone store and I was told my account was cancelled and passed to collections. The woman in store contacted them to and was told my account was cancelled but there was no outstanding debt on the account buy I needed to contact them myself. I did this once I was home and after two lengthy calls I was told there was no reason on my account why this was cancelled. I was then told although it was their mistake my phone wouldn't be active again until 5 days time. Even though this was cancelled through no fault of my own and I just have to wait until my phone activates again.

What can I do about this ? I got my phone last December on a 24 month contract. Are they in breach of contract ? Can I walk away without them perusing me for the remainder of my contract ? I just want to know my options. I am a bus driver who relies on my mobile for contacting my depot regarding breakdowns/service issues so I really need my active phone.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice given.

Comments

• chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    cant your company provide a phone, or get a pay as you go chip
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • sco778
    Options
    My wife still had her old phone with pay and go sim card. I'll need to use that. Vodafone wouldn't give me anything. I'm just wanting to know where I stand legally with this. Can I just go to another provider or will this be perused by debt collectors So I'd be better waiting it out until my phone becomes active again?
  • GBOND21
    Options
    Hi Another error by Vodafone I see. With you permission I would like to print this page as I am persuing Vodafone through Court and would like to show how they make mistakes very often.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The courts wont be interested in other people's problems. You need to stick to the facts on your issue.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 26 March 2015 at 7:23PM
    Options
    You need to contact the Web Relations Team on here (see Vodafone complaints thread as to how). You should check your external credit files; knowing what a shambles this outfit is they may well have put a default or late payment on there. Also, if they have cancelled your contract early they wouldn't have done so without charging for the full term, so you may well end up with a debt collector on your tail at some point. m

Don't waste time talking with them and listening to meaningless reassurances. The Web Relations Team is definitely the way to go with this.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, it is not breach of contract, because the service is not guaranteed 24/7, and there is no SLA on a residential contract. However you should at the very least get a credit for the downtime, and push for a small goodwill payment, a tenner or so. That should pay for you to use a free PAYG SIM in the meantime until they reconnect you.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi sco778,

If this remains unresolved, email me with your details via the link in our profile here.

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me, quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sco778
    Options
    Hi. My phone is now active again (went on Wednesday). Although it's not the same package I had before. Too little Data, No insurance and I no longer have access to Sky Sports.
  • ste_wilko
    ste_wilko Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    sco778 wrote: »
    Hi. My phone is now active again (went on Wednesday). Although it's not the same package I had before. Too little Data, No insurance and I no longer have access to Sky Sports.

Call 191 and find out what tariff you are on. If they have changed your tariff without your permission then that is definitely a breach of contract (seeing as it's not what you agreed to) and they can either revert you back or cancel the contract without detriment to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure