🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Suggestions for cheap Insurance for LG G3

Options
Alloneword
Alloneword Posts: 368 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
OK I got a good deal on my G3 just before crimbo and now looking at getting insurance as i like the phone but will never pay full retail for it, so looking for basic insurance, i need insurance for theft and accidental damage, including droppoing in bath or down the loo, I have heard of Insurance2Go and that will cover me for £6 a month, i have no worries about call cost as i'm on payg and only have £20 loaded on the card at most.

Mothly payment would be handy, and not much more then £50 excess.

All1

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Never bothered with phone insurance, I just keep my old phone as a backup or will just buy a cheap replacement if needed.

Lots of complaints about phone insurance on here. The terms may state you will get a refurbished phone as a replacement, So think of the insurance premium based on a reconditioned phone not the new price.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 March 2015 at 11:20PM
    Options
    Does it really make sense to pay £50 excess plus £72 p.a. for a phone that costs less than £200 new, but is already second hand?

Insurances hardly ever offer 'new for old' replacements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport