🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Compliance interview at jobcentre

Options
I am currently on income support, housing benefit, carers allowance and tax credits. I care for a disabled person and this is very much full time. I have been called to a local service compliance interview in an office at the job centre. I called the interviewer who told me they needed something with my name and address on for id and a one month bank statement for a 'review' and to check income. I have no other income besides dribs and drabs of £3, £20, £9 etc lent from a friend and can be shown as paid back via the bank too. I also have £210 worth of slot winnings for this month. In total I have won £1200 in the past 12 months and possibly a maximum total of £2500 in 6 years. What will they be calling me in for? If it's a fandom check but they see that £210 of winnings coming in will I be in trouble? I had lost more than I gained so profited nothing. Or is it a rouse for something else as my friend regular visits me. Please advise :( I'm happy to be honest and open but I was on the understanding that I don't work so don't earn and nobody gives me money and so have had nothing to declare. If I have to declare winnings what is the threshold to notify as if surely if I profited £2 from a scratch card they don't need a call.... I have £1.50 in savings... No isa no nothing but this weekly income and the occasional small win.

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your winnings would be treated as capital as they are not regular and since it is under the threshold for Income support then it shouldn't be a problem.

It would only be regular payments into your account that would be treated as income and queried because you are claiming Income Support.

It might be because your 'friend' visits regularly and they are querying your single claim for Income Support.

Best to be totally upfront about your situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport