• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news on the lamps sale SW. Have a lovely time with your parents 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE :)
    Emergency fund £1000 now 51 and saving for retirement !
  • edited 9 July at 4:05PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 July at 4:05PM
    Thank you Skinty, I am so chuffed to have some spare money as i usually have a high credit card bill in July from the summer !!! Although I am not doing anything much this year!

Today I have a little bit of tidying to do and I am leaving the gardening till tomorrow. I am taking Monday and Friday off from work so a 4 day weekend with my parents. It will be so good when you can see your father Skinty. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are doing loads this year, you've done gardening, got your swing, had a clear out, and now seeing family and having a long weekend.
    That's a big accomplishment so far!
  • edited 10 July at 10:38AM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 July at 10:38AM
    Thank you MF, I have just been reading about all the job losses in retail. V frightening as they have knock on effects for the economy. My parents and brother come tomorrow. I just have a bit of cleaning to do. 

I have transferred next months credit card money to xmas account so I don't spend it. leaving me with £70 in bank after all DD go through and £100 cash. 

For the next four days I am going to do gardening and Chill,  with a capital C!!!!
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a lovely time SW. 😊
  • IrenadlerIrenadler Forumite
    225 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Looks like you will have great weather for it  :D
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone Steve and Andy came to visit, we chatted to them in between we cut back the hedges and did more gardening (12 weeks of growth). and my brother treated the garden swing to ensure it survives for longer. The weather was great - not too hot, not too cool. 
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you had a lovely day SW. I’m so glad everyone came to visit and many hands make light work of the gardening 🤗
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so pleased you got to see S&A, they always lift your spirits 🤗
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was spent doing much more gardening. My garden is so big and I just cant do it all or v much at all I am hoping rather than going out I will just work on this in the next year. Many weeds have gone but I can't afford to put in any new plants. 
    I made my last marketplace sale today making another £20. I only have a SAD  lamp left to sell in the winter otherwise I am a minimalist now. Hurrah.