New Post Advanced Search

The Happiness Fund.

2.9K replies 296K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least it’s finally the weekend SW. Hope you can relax for a few days. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £191 / £1000
  • edited 5 July at 7:31PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 July at 7:31PM
    Today I walked to the corner shop and did some fruit and veg shopping. Wonderful to walk outside and I met some lovely customers outside we all chatted in the socially distant queue as they were restocking too. I spent £12 on fruit and veg and am v proud of myself. It is so good that work is calming down and i can leave the house for a bit and walk. I feel empowered. Lodger went to the pub last night, cant believe he is doing this he's off his rocker. I did some work too and now I am free and will water the garden. Lots of DD's go out tomorrow we shall see what I am left with. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The walk would have done you a world of good and chatting with other people. Must agree about your lodger 🤫
  • edited 6 July at 8:06PM
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 July at 8:06PM
    After work I decluttered the last of my clothing and today was a NSD. I am thinking ahead to the summer all I am planning to do is to maintain the garden and jog on my trampoline. I really don't think I am going to risk bus travel anywhere. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on finishing the clothes decluttering SW. Are you selling or charity shopping? 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £191 / £1000
    6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on decluttering the clothes, the space should be a welcome change.
  • edited 7 July at 11:34PM
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 July at 11:34PM
    I'm giving to charity. My parents are coming at the weekend. I listed my lamps and lights at a slightly lower price and think I will be making £50 on Wednesday which comes in useful for when my parents visit. I cleared some weeds and planted my Sweet Williams and some delphiniums and a friend bought me some plants as a surprise. I insisted on paying her £10 which is all they would take. My house is v decluttered when my friend commented they couldn't believe how minimalist it was
  • edited 8 July at 8:58PM
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 July at 8:58PM
    Today was crackers again at work. Tonight I planted some of the petunias from the greenhouse into the garden and cleaned the top of the gas cooker. 
    Marketplace sales were £20 today and  £30 will come in tomorrow and it will declutter my house a little more. (After this lot of sales I don't think I will have anything to sell as the house will be so minimalist).
    There is £151 in the bank, I have squirrelled away £75 during lockdown in cash which I will now use for presents it is a busy month for me (as I used all my xmas and present fund for the garden swing!)

6.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope work settles for you soon and you do get a break to rest and relax.
    You've done well with your sales and saving, plus you have time to replace the present money.
    Your garden is going to look fantastic when everything flowers throughout the year 🤗
  • edited 9 July at 11:52AM
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 July at 11:52AM
    I have been getting the house ready for my parents visit, then I decided to move out all my work files into the garage. I have just made £30 from selling the lamps!!! Now to do work and visit pharmacy and I am done.