New Post Advanced Search

The Happiness Fund.

2.9K replies 295.9K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its been very hot today but I have been mostly indoors cleaning ...pop over to my diary to see why ...its shocking :eek: :o
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE :)
    Emergency fund £1000 now 51 and saving for retirement !
  • edited 25 May 2017 at 9:10PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 May 2017 at 9:10PM
    Work was ok. Only one day left and then I have a week off. Cannot wait. However it is going to rain for most of next week I think!!!! I would like to declutter a bit more in the garage, try to think about other things than work, and that's it really.

Today i spent £0.20 at work. That's me, last of the big spenders.

Things I would like to buy providing my job is safe and still exists in September
    a new chest of drawers to replace my v old dressing table, some slippers. I am going to continue to save as the same thing will happen the year after if I make it through this year. We have had this for 7 years now.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I hope the weather is nice for you next week, you deserve a nice week off in the sun ! Well done on the low spend day .. what did you buy for 20p lol
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hot water for tea!!!!! I took my own tea bag. I was hungry today so bought a bacon sandwich, maltesers and tea. I think it cost £5?

So glad to be home. Am on second wash load and will hang out. Then after sleep I will vacuum and also mop.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parents have come to visit. We had a ball and went to the beach yesterday once the weather improved. I did a small grocery shop yesterday of £10. We are going shopping today. I haven't much money but will be spending on my credit card. Am hoping the weather will stay nice.
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a lovely day at the beach :) I have mis-judged food needed till payday on Wednesday and will have to put it on my credit card. I will make a list and walk to co-op later, hopefully I will not get carried away and buy things not necessary !
  • VintageHistorianVintageHistorian Forumite
    559 posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I hope you're enjoying your time with your parents SW, and having some nice days out while the weather holds!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Overpayments in 2020 - £344.55
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been to every beach in the south it feels. I am shattered from all the walking along the beach. I had a reunion with my brother (who was really aggressive in the past so we cut off contact with each other) he seems really nice now and all the aggression has gone. We all had such a laugh and they have just gone. I am shattered. I need a holiday from the holiday.

I have only spent about £80 and gave £50 to dad for Father's Day - he will discover it in his suitcase when he gets home. lol.

I hope I have spending money for the month. I think so. I will check later.
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a lovely time SW and I am pleased for you that you managed to reconcile with your brother.
    Yay its payday :j
  • edited 31 May 2017 at 9:51PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 May 2017 at 9:51PM
    Hello my lovely, it is sooooo hot here. I tidied for a bit then fell asleep. Just about to nip out to sort out pin on my new bank card then I am going to do some ironing outside with the radio on!!!

I bought £18 varnish stuff for my patio table as I had run out of it.

Ok:o so I had a bad moment..... and bought a Karen Millen coat at a bargain price of £40 including postage. I will not buy any more clothes. :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

It was a reward for ironing half my clothes in the hot weather:rotfl::rotfl: