Amazon tracking states 'Delivered to person' but its impossible???

An online amazon item was purchased by a friend and on the day of order, it said that it will be delivered 'late' next week.

She was away from this address this week, and will be away early next week.

But according to her Amazon emails, and tracking the item has been delivered early yesterday on friday.

But she was not in that day, and wasn't even near her place but according to her emails, and Amazon logistics tracking, they say it has been delivered.

This is what it says:

Parcel was handed to resident
The parcel was delivered to (their name).

So it has been delivered earlier than they stated on the date of the purchase,
but their online tracking say "handed to resident" which couldn't have happened, as she wasn't there that day.

She is away for some weeks from that area too,

Did the driver leave it there, without taking a signature ?

Has this kind of thing happened to do with an Amazon order ?

What is their customer service telephone line?

Can they track it, by checking with the drive who delivered it?

Just checking what to advise her, if any of you are regular online Amazon shoppers.

Comments

• JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I had the exact same thing happen to an order I made with Amazon.

I contacted Amazon and they said that sometimes items get scanned before they are actually delivered, but the item was pushed through my letterbox the following day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I had the same happen with a phone that was never actually delivered ,Amazon did eventually refund.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Is it something that will fit through the letterbox? If so they have probably posted it through. With Amazon Logistics which I assume this delivery is they don't normally ask for a signature unless it is high value.

I would never order something if I was going away on the basis of an estimated delivery date as often Amazon will deliver early if they get the stock in and the courier will normally only make 3 attempts and with Amazon Logistics they don't let you choose the redelivery they will just do 3 consecutive days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure